Toad Raising.

Status
Not open for further replies.

So there's already another thread that documents your progress?
If so, please paste it here?

Yes, There was an early one that I have deleted from my list because no one ever went there, I do not recall the thread name .

This one like I said was for the people I will be getting the toad eggs too.

And there is another thread that talks about it, but it is just a general meat bird thread I have been talking about them on for a couple years.  I also talk about it on the hatching thread and on the Minnesota thread.

https://www.backyardchickens.com/forum/newestpost/896158

Many of the Minnesota people have actually seen these birds from beginning to end, (in real life)  They are nothing short of amazing (in my little mind)   I get huge eggs from them, they average around 3 ounces. Many are larger than turkey eggs.

I will get a video, with luck and if I can remember of them leaving the coop tomorrow.

I started by wanting a sustainable meat bird that had larger thighs and legs.  Much of what happened was luck and not my extreme knowledge of genetics..:lau

Is it this thread? https://www.backyardchickens.com/t/994977/toads-the-perfect-chicken

That looks like it by the date, my first Bert was in 2014, on that thread and it sounds right as I had frogs and lizards before him.

Like I said it never went anywhere. LOL

One of the reason to breed CX to CX was to see if I could do it, Everyone I knew said I could not do it. They woud not live long enough.

The other reason was to get a more stable bird genetically. As most people know a CX is from a "top Secret" cross of some kind. They do not look like there parents from what I am told.

I did not want the half breed of CX and Rainbow either, So I went back to the CX again. And I think my math was off in the first post, and most my life.

That would make the toads 3/4 CX and 1/4 rainbow???? Maybe.. I dunno, beyond my brains ability to reason that out...
lau.gif

I just know I like them.

As Holm Said he has the first toad egg I have let go of. He has seen the toads and how huge they get.

I'm joining in here just to follow all the progress. I love the toads!

Ralph, my DH is excited for these but he also told me that he would like me to make one outcross just for him...a toad x cochin lol he wants a huge ball of fluff running around the yard. Of course, that would be a one time thing just for him to get a big fluffy chicken lol. Other than that, we can't wait to raise some of these out :)

Those look like some gaint meat chickens.im new to this whole chicken thing. I have never heard of them before so will be following till learn as much as i can.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom