Toad Raising.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pics
View attachment 1650855 Bertha died last night... she was devoted wife of Bert, Bert jr, Bert the third and Bert the fourth who proceeded her in death.

She is survived by her Husband and Great-great-great-great Grandson Bert the 5th. There will be no services and she will be interned Monday by Randy’s Garbage service in a plain brown plastic can.

Donations should be send in lieu of flowers to her grieving caregiver and favorite farmer, Duluthralphie..
Good bye Bertha. :hit

I think she was 4.....maybe 5... Really old for a toad....

I do not need condolences,. She was just a chicken, a cool chicken, but a chicken none the less. I do not really make pets out of any of them. Some I like more than others, but they are still just livestock around here.... Having been born and raised here on the farm it is hard to think of them as pets, even though they kind of are.

I don't expect many of you to understand, especially those of you with a Citified turkey nunnery. :lau:lau:lau:lau

JJ was the last Bird I thought of as pure pet, Even Cuddles (the SS rooster) was a farm livestock, even though he liked to cuddle,,,LOL...

I am hoping to get more toads this year, but not having any luck so far. I might have to beg, buy, borrow or just steal some from @MNChickMom She had 18 hatching this week I think.

I think she was 4.....maybe 5... Really old for a toad....

I do not need condolences,. She was just a chicken, a cool chicken, but a chicken none the less. I do not really make pets out of any of them. Some I like more than others, but they are still just livestock around here.... Having been born and raised here on the farm it is hard to think of them as pets, even though they kind of are.

I don't expect many of you to understand, especially those of you with a Citified turkey nunnery. :lau:lau:lau:lau

JJ was the last Bird I thought of as pure pet, Even Cuddles (the SS rooster) was a farm livestock, even though he liked to cuddle,,,LOL...

I am hoping to get more toads this year, but not having any luck so far. I might have to beg, buy, borrow or just steal some from @MNChickMom She had 18 hatching this week I think.
yeah my heritage/cx record was 2 1/2 yrs... seems like most have popped off at 18 months... there may be a few hens that are older than 18 months that are still going. probably will pop off in the spring before I hatch any

yeah my heritage/cx record was 2 1/2 yrs... seems like most have popped off at 18 months... there may be a few hens that are older than 18 months that are still going. probably will pop off in the spring before I hatch any
I normally get a little over 2 years, BUT some go earlier some later.

Hmm, wonder who this is directed at :lau :gig

My CX outcrosses mostly did well. I randomly lost a few hens at around 18 months. I just processed the last 5 them a couple weeks ago at almost 2 years old. One of the boys had a leg issue but was still holding his own and two of the hens were still giving me random eggs. I do have those eggs in the Bator though so we'll see if anything becomes them :confused:

Ralphie, I’ve been seeing your occasional mentions of “Toads” on the turkey thread and wondering what they are. I read he first several pages of this and then some of the recent ones. It sounds like you’re altering the ingredients in your Great Toad Experiment. I want to try, too! What’s the current makeup of the latest and greatest Toads, please?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom