Tobacco slide/sled coop!!! PICTURES!!!

its about a 8x3x3 thats what ima make it taller in the front and shorter in the back... gives me a pitched roof and it will look so dang cute!! I have a mental picture too!! lets jus hope it turns out like I plan!!

btw what about the rollaway egg next any ideas?? i thought i might make them come out the back into a little trough and then roll down to the end so i could just life a lid... like in ski ball??

Iam subscribing to the topic. You are just like me.

My new brooder was once a tobacco hoop. It is in my building right now with 27 happy chicks. give lot of feedback. We can get more modern tobacco stuff cheap I bet. Could we recycle bulk barns? OH, I have a converted silage pit filled with chicken, goat, rabbit, horse you know what. COMPOSTING!

Waiting to see this Tobacco Coop...

smoking-010.gif

where in pinnacle? the name of the stable??? also im not but 21 so i dont know that much but im sure u could turn the barns in to coop and they could use the beams as roost!!! jus be creative!!!

Last edited:
We had friends who lived there, we would take our horses and camp. I was very young, so I will have to ask dad exactly where. Also these people I believe opened a boarding stable up there not to long ago. I will ask dad. We have this ongoing joke on our farm about what to do with the tobacco equipment now that the tobacco phase is about gone. I am proud to see so many people farming chickens these days. I alway said they were far easier than other animals and help pay for their upkeep!

Quote:
I grew up in Kernersville between W-S and Greensboro. I now live Louisiana. We boarded our horse at an old farmer's tobacco barn for one winter. A couple Christmases ago, my FIL sent me a tobacco basket as a gift. I have it hanging in our den on the wall. He used to work for RJR tobacco. I love old tobacco stuff. If you have any you would like to part with or sell that is small enough to ship...let me know:)

My dream is to have a dissassembled log tobacco curing barn shipped on a truck to be reassembled here on our farm. The patina on that wood is amazing:) We dont have any old wood barns left around here.....everyone has the metal structures. The hot, humid climate has rotted most of the wood ones and termites finish them off. You dont see silos here either because of the damp heat. I sure miss seeing old traditional farm buildings!

Yeah I love it here!! a bunch of the old barn are being torn down but alot of people just keep building barns taht look alot like the old ones used to!!! the old ones are the best ones!

Back
Top Bottom