toe problems

Ziggy1973

Songster
Apr 17, 2020
Geneseo, Illinois
I have a 3 year old hen, Grace, that started limping a couple of weeks ago. I checked her out; she doesn't have bumblefoot and I could find no injuries. She can't curl the toes on that foot. If I bend the toes they just spring back straight and they seem rubbery when I do that. She hobbles around but seems to still be eating and drinking, though she feels lighter. I've googled and searched but can only find info on toes that curl up and don't uncurl which is the opposite of her issue. Anybody have an idea of what could be causing this? TIA:)

I have a 3 year old hen, Grace, that started limping a couple of weeks ago. I checked her out; she doesn't have bumblefoot and I could find no injuries. She can't curl the toes on that foot. If I bend the toes they just spring back straight and they seem rubbery when I do that. She hobbles around but seems to still be eating and drinking, though she feels lighter. I've googled and searched but can only find info on toes that curl up and don't uncurl which is the opposite of her issue. Anybody have an idea of what could be causing this? TIA:)
Can you post photos of Grace, how she stands and of her feet?
Front and back profile of the legs/feet may be helpful.

Back
Top Bottom