Tolbunt Polish

Well I did it, I went and bought some Tolbunts. Probably not the best for type and color but they were nearby and a good price. Actually have 4 and took pictures of them all but then my computer had to "repair" my card and delete some of them. >.<

Well I did it, I went and bought some Tolbunts. Probably not the best for type and color but they were nearby and a good price. Actually have 4 and took pictures of them all but then my computer had to "repair" my card and delete some of them. >.<
They're way to dark, I'll post more pics of my lil chicks. But those Tolbunts are lacking in color

Yeah I don't think she was really going for proper color/type. She only has about 7 tolbunts breeding age & 4 chicks she kept. She did say she liked them with less white, her hens had a lot more white but her male is darker than the hens. Can't complain, I like them and I can work on color/type with time and some quality birds to breed with.

Yeah I don't think she was really going for proper color/type. She only has about 7 tolbunts breeding age & 4 chicks she kept. She did say she liked them with less white, her hens had a lot more white but her male is darker than the hens. Can't complain, I like them and I can work on color/type with time and some quality birds to breed with.
That's roosters comb is showing way too much, not trying to sound rude at all, but those Tolbunt look like they're not kept I. Proper conditions. Hopefully you take care of them better than she does

That's roosters comb is showing way too much, not trying to sound rude at all, but those Tolbunt look like they're not kept I. Proper conditions. Hopefully you take care of them better than she does

Your probably right, I didn't think about that until you mentioned it but I'm still learning what to look for. I know she's got some medical issues. These will most certainly get quarantined and supplemented, treated like pets here.

I'm glad you understand, your in a good path to some good birds.

Thanks, believe me I understand. Some of the parrots I have rescued and I saw the places they were in and some just make me shudder at the thought, and these were really expensive parrots, I could only imagine what some chicken hoarders enclosures are like.

And just curious. If a young Polish is a cockerel by what age would you say it will have red wattles? Ive got a Red(probably not the right color name but thats what it looks like) Polish, its about 12 weeks. No red wattles at all and very round crest. Good chance its a pullet? There's also that Gold Laced in the pictures above(in the green carrier) with a spikey crest which I'm told is usually indicative of a male but it doesn't have reddish wattles either and a lady said it looked pullet to her because of that, same age about 11-12wks.

Thanks, believe me I understand. Some of the parrots I have rescued and I saw the places they were in and some just make me shudder at the thought, and these were really expensive parrots, I could only imagine what some chicken hoarders enclosures are like.

And just curious. If a young Polish is a cockerel by what age would you say it will have red wattles? Ive got a Red(probably not the right color name but thats what it looks like) Polish, its about 12 weeks. No red wattles at all and very round crest. Good chance its a pullet? There's also that Gold Laced in the pictures above(in the green carrier) with a spikey crest which I'm told is usually indicative of a male but it doesn't have reddish wattles either and a lady said it looked pullet to her because of that, same age about 11-12wks.
Post some pics to confirm it, but it sounds like a pullet.

Back
Top Bottom