Polish Color Variation Question

Sheilamae219

Chirping
May 18, 2023
Hello!

I have two Polish growouts from the same breeder. I'm trying to identify what color pattern theirs would be considered to be? I've seen others with the same black and white color variation described as tolbunt, but the tolbunt I know of is tricolor. Are these two a form of tolbunt, or something else?

Thanks for any and all advice and direction!

Attachments

• 20230627_151555 (1).jpg
    20230627_151555 (1).jpg
    961.9 KB · Views: 59
  • 20230627_151327_capture (1).jpg
    20230627_151327_capture (1).jpg
    680 KB · Views: 13
I also had a color question. I have a white crested blue polish rooster that i bread with a white crested splash polish. I got a white crested black and a white crested blue. How is this possible? I thought that a blue and splash made blue and splash. Here are the baby pictures. The rooster looks a lot like the blue baby.

Attachments

• IMG_7088.jpeg
    IMG_7088.jpeg
    237.6 KB · Views: 4
  • IMG_7087.jpeg
    IMG_7087.jpeg
    257.1 KB · Views: 3
Pretty sure it's just a dark blue. I have several blues that look black until you take a look at their down
Ok. I didn’t consider that possibility. Was i correct that The chicks should be blue or splash? Or could they be other colors? Do you have a picture of your dark blue polish, or what do they look like? Thanks for your help and speedy reply!!!

Ok. I didn’t consider that possibility. Was i correct that The chicks should be blue or splash? Or could they be other colors? Do you have a picture of your dark blue polish, or what do they look like? Thanks for your help and speedy reply!!!
Not polish, but blue works the same in all breeds
20220317_120622.jpg

This rooster is blue.

Hey, I’m back and I need help again! How does a blue and splash polish pair hatch out 2 blues, 3 splashes, and 1 brown? I get the blue and splash, but the brown?!? Does anyone know how this is possible? Also, the polish chicks have all gone bald in the past week, i am guessing that it is the mother, but what else could it be?

Back
Top Bottom