Told He Was Violeta But Looking Kinda Purple! (Color ID)

PeaEggThief

Chirping
Apr 7, 2021
So I acquired this peacock from a gent who said it was a Violeta - but he looks very much like a purple to me! What do you guys think?

20231013_123638.jpg

I recently got a Violeta spaulding hen and her iridescence tone is kiiiinnndaaa different (but then again, she is spaulding and he is not, so... 🤷🏼‍♀️).

20231013_123252.jpg
20231013_123501.jpg

Violeta hen in the foreground on that last image.

Last edited:
It may be that he just doesn't know the difference.

I thought that might be the case as well. He seemed to be more into exotic pheasants. It's a neat peacock - I noticed the purple has some white flights, so hopefully he will be enjoyed by someone else wanting to play with the split white/pied he might be carrying.

I've now gotten a bunch of odds and ends this year - some colors I really wanted and some not really on my list... 😆 I have to figure out what combinations to do for breeding pens this year. I will probably end up with lots of IB splits.

If this peacock was a hen, I'd be happy... I finally got a breeding age BS taupe peacock (my ultimate color fav).

I've always figured it was good to try to breed them "true", but I bought eggs from a lady this summer who had these amazing pens with lots of splits and all these potential color outcomes from her eggs. That reset some of my goals.

Back
Top Bottom