Tomatoe Horn worms

Carpe DiHen

Songster
9 Years
Feb 4, 2010
El Dorado County, CA
Ok, I thought I found they were bad. Enough of you have more experience than me so I retract my post.
smile.png

Last edited:
They might be poisonous to reptiles, but they certainly arent to chickens. If they were, mine would have been dead years ago. They can't eat them fast enough. They play football with them, the funniest thing Ive ever seen. They grab it and RUUUUNNNNNN....till another one grabs it, gobbles it down.

Not poisonous.

"Do not feed wild tomato or tobacco hornworms to reptiles. Tomato leaves and vines and tobacco leaves, which both species of worm feed on, are poisonous."

I'd want a more authoritative source than just an anonymous someone who answered a question on Yahoo, especially since they never mentioned chickens at all​

Last edited:
If thats the case, I got to call the news because I got dead chickens walking around squawking and laying eggs. My girls are disappointed this year only found about 4 hornworms this year.Great for my tomato plants
clap.gif
not so great for the treat happy flock.
hit.gif

Last edited:
I tried to give my hens a tomato horn worm, and they looked at it, and then back at me with a look that said, "YOU WANT ME TO EAT WHAAAT?" They wouldn't touch it! I don't know why.....

lau.gif

Back
Top Bottom