Took off her head !!

Just a little update for everyone who replied. We had a trap outside the coop inside the fence for a few weeks. Nothing ever came by. We continue to keep the chickens in the coop and close the door each night. After 2 nights of chasing the girls off the trash can, they just automatically go inside. We're thinking it may have been an owl. My husband has occasionally seen a big one around here. Thanks all.

GOT 'EM !! Went to close the coop at 8:30 this evening and found the girls screaming and yelling about 10 yards from their coop door. Looked in a saw a possum face looking back at me. Needless to say, that possum won't be coming back anytime soon.

No girls were harmed in tonight's craziness.

I noticed you say they were making noise. Is it normal for them to make noise when a predator is near them like that?

And I didn't go back and read the whole thread, but the enclosure is not covered because it's to big, right? So said killer must have climbed over?

Just a little update for everyone who replied. We had a trap outside the coop inside the fence for a few weeks. Nothing ever came by. We continue to keep the chickens in the coop and close the door each night. After 2 nights of chasing the girls off the trash can, they just automatically go inside. We're thinking it may have been an owl. My husband has occasionally seen a big one around here. Thanks all.

Back
Top Bottom