Topic of the Week - Christmas in the Coop

Everyone got cranberries mixed in with their afternoon treats of grapes. At first they were a bit confused, but that did not deter them, not one bit, from eating them! Happy New Years everyone. Looking forward to little goslings in the spring. Wish I could afford a female Sebastopol as a mate for my little Curley, but maybe some day. I am hoping he will mate with my first gosling that I incubated.

For several years the kids have been taking Christmas Eve pics with their fav bird. Not sure how this tradition started, but it's fun to see the kids & their chickens grow up together.

Sadly this year, both kids have fever & strep, so no Christmas Eve chicken photo. They are completely miserable right now! I hope to remember to get them dressed up & take pics later in the week.

View attachment 1217634 View attachment 1217635 View attachment 1217637 View attachment 1217638 View attachment 1217667 View attachment 1217668 View attachment 1217639 View attachment 1217641 View attachment 1217650 View attachment 1217646

I can't say that I have time to decorate the coop - more than winter-proofing. However, sometimes we send out chicken themed Holiday greetings.
View attachment 1217655
View attachment 1217652
The chicks above are ours but photo is edited.
Those photos are adorable!

I decorated the window boxes with evergreen and put a wreath on the door. I had it all covered by a tarp until yesterday because of the storm though lol.
0ED11E12-F921-4AFA-B553-C579AFEF13CA.jpeg

There's pretty much just poop in the coop for Christmas this year. But I'm looking forward to making wreaths and decorating for the next one.

Meanwhile, here's a Christmas wreath my husband made a few years ago, from things he found with his metal detector. It's hard to see, but there are little metal toy cars and a gas station pump tucked here and there.

And the bow is handmade from solid copper, found at a thrift shop.

Merry Christmas!!

View attachment 1217229
I really like this. I put red lights on my backyard coop. Looked nice to have something in the dark and the light reflecting off of the snow was enough to see back there. I don’t think the chickens hated it either.

I really like this. I put red lights on my backyard coop. Looked nice to have something in the dark and the light reflecting off of the snow was enough to see back there. I don’t think the chickens hated it either.
Her rendition of Rudolph…how adorable!
What is that tree made of. My cousin makes a jello mould with cottage cheese etc. we’re the only 2 that love it so I get to take lots of it home. Wonder if chickens could have jello?

Back
Top Bottom