Topic of the Week - Incubating eggs

I've never done goose eggs either, (though I wouldn't mind some Debbie's). I have air cell graphs for chicken, duck and turkey but have never found one for geese.

Hi I am new to sight and hatching eggs.i put my eggs on for day and a half before I found out my thermometer was broken and only at 85 I since brought it up to 100 will that have ruined all my eggs or will I still have a chance for them to hatch thanks

20170310_173005_zpsyyk91ehl.jpg

I have an LG that i got used from CL. No turner. Dry hatch. Last time i got 7 of 15. This time its loaded with 58.

Hi I am new to sight and hatching eggs.i put my eggs on for day and a half before I found out my thermometer was broken and only at 85 I since brought it up to 100 will that have ruined all my eggs or will I still have a chance for them to hatch thanks

:welcome
Being that early you still have a good chance, but, you'll probably see a couple days delayed in hatching. I would not count on hatchers until 21 days of incubation after you adjusted the temps. You do have a forced air incubator?

I found a type of hygrometer thermometer that's been working very good for me and is extremely inexpensive. I have 2 of these now purchase from two separate vendors on Amazon. Both read .5 degrees low compared to a medical thermometer. Both read 3% low on humidity using the salt test. I'm not affiliated or associated with the seller or manufacture this product just a guy on a budget trying to pass along a good deal.

Besides working good the probe cord seems plenty long I'm going to guess about three feet or one meter
GOOTRADES Handy Digital LCD Indoor Temperature Humidity Meter Thermometer Hygrometer Gauge (Black) https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01K9H9OLY/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_RLZXyb30NS0N5

I found a type of hygrometer thermometer that's been working very good for me and is extremely inexpensive. I have 2 of these now purchase from two separate vendors on Amazon. Both read .5 degrees low compared to a medical thermometer. Both read 3% low on humidity using the salt test. I'm not affiliated or associated with the seller or manufacture this product just a guy on a budget trying to pass along a good deal.
Besides working good the probe cord seems plenty long I'm going to guess about three feet or one meter
GOOTRADES Handy Digital LCD Indoor Temperature Humidity Meter Thermometer Hygrometer Gauge (Black) https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01K9H9OLY/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_RLZXyb30NS0N5

When dealing with humidity probes you need to know how low it will measure. This particular one will read down to but not below 10% humidity. The other thing to remember is that most inexpensive humidity probes are not very linear when it comes to accuracy. Most are fairly accurate using the NaCl test but that is not the humidity range that most people incubate at. There are other salts that can be used to check the accuracy of humidity probes nearer to the range most people use for incubation.

Measuring humidity: 10%RH-99%RH
Humidity accuracy: ±5%
Humidity display resolution: 1% RH
Measuring temperature range: -50℃~+70℃
Temperature accuracy: ± 1 ℃
Temperature display resolution: 0.1℃ .

I used the one on the left until the display went wacky

Back
Top Bottom