Topic of the Week - Incubating eggs

Pics
I know there will be people that disbelieve what I'm about to post. I assure you its the truth. The eggs that I mentioned earlier, 120 degrees confirmed by three thermometers length of time unknown, HAVE BEGAN TO PIP.
I can't believe it. I was about to throw them all out when I noticed one starting to hatch.I candled a turkey egg.. ... I saw MOVEMENT!!:) :)

I believe you, congrats!

I know there will be people that disbelieve what I'm about to post. I assure you its the truth. The eggs that I mentioned earlier, 120 degrees confirmed by three thermometers length of time unknown, HAVE BEGAN TO PIP.
I can't believe it. I was about to throw them all out when I noticed one starting to hatch.I candled a turkey egg.. ... I saw MOVEMENT!!
smile.png
smile.png

Well, really, there's nothing unbelievable about it. If the temp spiked, but didn't stay high long enough to raise the internal temp of the egg, everything is fine. Grats on your impending hatch. :)

Last edited:
I can't believe it. I was about to throw them all out when I noticed one starting to hatch.I candled a turkey egg.. ... I saw MOVEMENT!!:) :)

The not knowing how long makes it believable, you caught it before the internal temp went too high. Now if you said they'd been at that temp for an hour.... I would have a hard time with it...lol Congrats!

Does anyone else record the day they START incubation???? And then spends every couple of days counting to 21.. .repeatedly??? Told my wife,from now on all eggs will be marked with the HATCH DATE instead!!!:)

Does anyone else record the day they START incubation???? And then spends every couple of days counting to 21.. .repeatedly??? Told my wife,from now on all eggs will be marked with the HATCH DATE instead!!!:)

Just put your finger on the day you set and move it down three rows...lol I mark my calendar usually.

Back
Top Bottom