Topic of the Week - Incubating eggs

Pics
Does anyone else record the day they START incubation???? And then spends every couple of days counting to 21.. .repeatedly??? Told my wife,from now on all eggs will be marked with the HATCH DATE instead!!!:)

I try to, lol. Today I set one pea egg and 16 Peking duck eggs, but the duck eggs came from a nest, so they are already at day one.

Does anyone else record the day they START incubation???? And then spends every couple of days counting to 21.. .repeatedly??? Told my wife,from now on all eggs will be marked with the HATCH DATE instead!!!:)

Just put your finger on the day you set and move it down three rows...lol I mark my calendar usually.

Or four or five, lol.

Quote: And you can probably tell I'm not.
wink.png

Quote: I like your avatar! Peafowl are easy with broodies, but I kill at least 1/2 when I incubate.
sad.png
Never hatched pouls, but did bring some home from the feed store and the majority of them died, but never could figure out why. Then I bought one from Metzer and had no issues with it.

Had to go to desktop :) this is "Ugly Chicken" a Maran x welp slow grow broiler. She looks like an Oriental Game.

She does NOT look amused...lol
I have to use desktop for anything pic related too. The app won't let me and my iPad is always telling me it's outdated and will slow me down...lol

I like your avatar! Peafowl are easy with broodies, but I kill at least 1/2 when I incubate. :(  Never hatched pouls, but did bring some home from the feed store and the majority of them died, but never could figure out why. Then I bought one from Metzer and had no issues with it.

I wouldn't mind, some day, hatching some Royal Palms. First turkeys I ever found attractive.

Back
Top Bottom