Topic of the Week - Incubating eggs

Pics
thanks  for your help, what type of bird is your profile picture?

Haven't been here for a week or so, but I candled and some of them looked good! Couldn't tell on some because they're brown, I didn't have a very strong light, and my room probably wasn't dark enough. But, on the two bantam eggs there was definitely some development. Super excited! Lockdown is on Thursday!! Then I'll more than likely start another batch soon! lol

Candled mine too- day 7. Seeing development in 5 of them for sure- I think. That's in my welsummer eggs. I also set an EE egg- hard to tell w the green egg. Keeping my fingers crossed. I have them in a homemade styrofoam incubator I made last summer. I didn't have any hatch out of a dozen last year but they were mail-order eggs & I think I had the humidity way too high. Got my fingers crossed for this attempt!

:fl you all.

My easter hal eggs. Got the better of me and I quick candled tonight they have small veins. I'm running dry as well. Just air humidity it's staying at 30.

Turkey eggs get candled next week

Hi All
I'm incubating my first time. The eggs have been in the bator for a week. When should i candle them? Or does it really make much difference. If they don't hatch by the 22 days I guess I should assume they weren't fertile or I goofed. Any advice would be helpful
Peaky, Central California

Hi All
I'm incubating my first time.  The eggs have been in the bator for a week.  When should i candle them?  Or does it really make much difference.  If they don't hatch by the 22 days I guess I should assume they weren't fertile or I goofed.  Any advice would be helpful
Peaky,  Central California

You can candle anytime you want too.

Generally for chicken it is day 7/14/18.

Back
Top Bottom