Toulouse Geese Thread

I did pick the egg up and listened to possibly hear something but there was nothing going on. I didn't have time to do anything else since she was just outside the door squawking. I'll see when I go home if anything has happened.

Hey guys.. Long time no talk.. Yesterday we got our pair of grey toulouse finally.

The gander is all slimmed out for breeding season, so we will have to put that keel back on. The female is in molt and looks really good despite it all.

I still really miss the buffs though :/

Hey guys.. Long time no talk.. Yesterday we got our pair of grey toulouse finally.

The gander is all slimmed out for breeding season, so we will have to put that keel back on. The female is in molt and looks really good despite it all.

I still really miss the buffs though :/
They are beautiful Aoxa, and your barn is awesome as well as your animals that go with it. Glad to see you back.
big_smile.png

They are beautiful Aoxa, and your barn is awesome as well as your animals that go with it. Glad to see you back.
big_smile.png
Thank you :) Yes it's coming along really nicely. I took this whole week off to prepare for our barn warming/fence building party on Saturday. Painting hallways and getting everything just so.

The geese are fitting in great already, though the barred rocks still sing the egg song whenever they come near.

So....tell me...I have 7 Toulouse Geese which are nearly 3 months old...is there ANY WAY to tell what I've got as far as male and females? As they age, could I tell? How?

And, can I use an electric netting fence for them? I see them routinely trying to bit the metal fence in the pen they are in, but I want them on pasture and safe from predators. I they didn't poop all over our yard, I'd let them free range...but gosh do they poop! And they keep eating the apple leaf buds off my young trees.

So....tell me...I have 7 Toulouse Geese which are nearly 3 months old...is there ANY WAY to tell what I've got as far as male and females? As they age, could I tell? How?

And, can I use an electric netting fence for them? I see them routinely trying to bit the metal fence in the pen they are in, but I want them on pasture and safe from predators. I they didn't poop all over our yard, I'd let them free range...but gosh do they poop! And they keep eating the apple leaf buds off my young trees.
Other than vent sexing[ look up Metzers web site for instruction] or sending off feather for DNA don't know the company but others on here do I think it would be hard to tell at 3 months.
I'm also pretty sure others use electric fencing for their flocks protection. and they will also girdle young trees so I have been using pieces of old fence to circle off our young fruit trees from being nibbled on.

Does this look like a Toulouse or a Chinese goose? its 4 months old and lives with an embden female and 2 Chinese geese of the same age if it is a Toulouse could it cross breed with the others?

Back
Top Bottom