Toulouse goose can fly?

At the local fishing lake a flock of Canadian Geese came flying in with a solitary Toulouse goose. I thought they couldn't fly from being a farm type goose. I'll try to get photos of them next time I head there. The goose was abandoned at the lake a year or so ago. My uncle kept saying it died but, it joined the Canadian Geese. Is this totally unheard of? When I say fly it came over the treetops.

I want geese now too....Maybe next year when the locals stores get them again.
That’s awesome- The hero of my new book “Griselda the Toulouse Goose” is a Canadian Goose who rescues her and adopts her into his Canadian flock. Was looking for basis in fact and found it in your post! Thank you!

My year old Toulouse girl was missing today. I saw some Canadian geese waaaaaay down in one of the cut corn fields and when I got out the binoculars, I saw an orange beak!! Darn her! I started walking down the back pastures and calling her name. When the Canadians took off...there she was flying with them, just a little lower!!! She is really quite fat...but was still a good 15-20 ft. off the ground! She started going with them, then turned towards our property and few over 3 acres up to our back deck!!!! Over my head and everything...I was SHOCKED!!! I had no idea she could fly THAT far and THAT high! Amazing. I better keep an eye on her, people goose hunt in the back fields...you never know. You would HOPE people could tell the difference.
Yay!! The Toulouse in my story‘Griselda the Toulouse Goose’ runs off with a Canadian- glad to find factual basis ❣️❣️

Back
Top Bottom