Townline Easter eggers

Beautiful birds!!!
Not the best picture of him but here is one of our Townline roosters! I will have to snap some of the other roosters and the girls one of these upcoming days. All of my girls have muffs on their ears and they are so kid friendly which is a must with 3 small boys!

We have 3 that we got grom Rural King in northern Indiana, same age, and look just like yours
Hey! I just came across your thread. I know I'm a little late but I drove out to Townline Hatchery in person this spring (about 40 min. drive for me) and bought some EE's. I got three pullets and they have turned out really pretty and great birds too. They aren't laying yet, however, so I can't tell you about the eggs. Maybe the renewed interest will stir up some others to post pictures. Right now mine are13 weeks old. But they all started out as chipmunk-colored chicks in varying degrees of brown. The one that looked most like an actual chipmunk is in the last picture. The top one was a little lighter in color as a small chick.

It's been awhile...has anyone's Rural King easter eggers started laying yet? One of my 2 girls laid her first egg this morning at 20 weeks old. Not blue or green. Kind of a bummer but she is a beautiful, sweet girl. Still have one more to start laying so I am keeping my fingers crossed for that blue/green egg. Please post your egg pics when you get them!

Awesome and such a pretty girl! I'm eagerly awaiting my first eggs from my three Townline EE's, any week now. I'll be sure to post them here when I get them.

Okay, so Chip (in the last picture above) laid her first egg today after building a spectacular nest and sitting in it for half the morning. About four pullets and our rooster cheered her on with the egg song. BUT... the egg was brown. So normal-chicken-brown that it doesn't even warrant a picture. Kind of bummed. Holding out for the other two. Did your other one start laying yet? It would be a bummer if their EE were all duds in the egg color department.

Last edited:
I am sorry your girl laid a brown egg. I so get it! All the excitement and such a LONG wait and then to have it be tan or brown is a dissapointment. On the other hand, my girls are the prettiest EE's I have ever seen! My other girl still has not laid an egg-hope there is nothing wrong with her. Her comb is huge and she walks around grumbling loudly all the time, but no squatting yet. I will post a picture of her/her egg whenever she should decide to lay it. And I won't be surprised if it is tan ;) Next time I get EEs I'll go with Meyer Hatchery like I had planned on. Have a good day and post when your other girls start laying.

Good for you!! My second girl still has to start laying. She has turned into kind of a brat so far. She chases all the other old girls around. Kind of an instigator. Very pretty, but she must know it;). i'll post as soon as she does. Are you waiting on any more to start laying?

Back
Top Bottom