Townline Easter eggers

mrkpero

Songster
11 Years
Sep 26, 2008
Hello all,
I did a search and could not find what I was looking for. I purchased some Easter Egger pullets at Rural King the other day. The store said they get their chicks from Townline hatchery. If anybody has purchased Townline EEs, would you mind posting some pictures of them? Also tell what egg color they laid, pics of eggs would be great too! I have been waiting to get EEs for a long time and am so excited. My chicks are mostly chipmunk colored in tans and browns. Thanks in advance for all replies.
Robyn

i did not get any ees from there but i have chipmunk looking chicks when i got mine from a local feed store!

189668_154726261255479_100001543196544_340593_5929857_n.jpg
not the best picture of her but she looked like this as a chick and turned out like this
403028_293591874035583_100001543196544_844871_1049985130_n.jpg
minus the purple :)

Hope this helps!

Rileysixchix, thanks for your reply. That is exactly what my chicks look like. Your hen is beautiful. I know EEs are kind of a grab bag, but that's what makes them fun!

98% will lay blue eggs. I should know because I work at Townline hatchery and have trayed their EE eggs a couple of times.We supply all Rural King stores.

ghulst,
Thank you so much for your reply! That is awesome! They are adorable chicks and very healthy/active. Blue eggs would be the icing on the cake!

Hey! I just came across your thread. I know I'm a little late but I drove out to Townline Hatchery in person this spring (about 40 min. drive for me) and bought some EE's. I got three pullets and they have turned out really pretty and great birds too. They aren't laying yet, however, so I can't tell you about the eggs. Maybe the renewed interest will stir up some others to post pictures. Right now mine are13 weeks old. But they all started out as chipmunk-colored chicks in varying degrees of brown. The one that looked most like an actual chipmunk is in the last picture. The top one was a little lighter in color as a small chick.

I was supposed to but my feed store said the EE and JG didn't come in, only the CX, so much for waiting 6 weeks for chicks that didn't show up
sad.png
. I had to go elsewhere because I couldn't do another 25 chick minimum order. So far I'm happy with the CX but that's one pretty egger(bluish), I wish I could've gotten mine.

Ladyrsanti,
Better late than never :)! Thank you for your reply. One of my girls looks just like your third pic. Unfortunately, my three pullets turned out to be a trio. I have never had a rooster before but he's kinda fun (so far) and very pretty. He started crowing at 8 weeks and did his first attempt at an attack at 12 weeks. Still trying to decide if we will keep him or not at this point. He's got a lot of older women to win over in the big coop! Your girls are really pretty. My girl that looks like yours started out like a chipmunk too, as did our boy. The second girl looked like a little hawk as a chick but is a very beautiful black with lots of gold. I will try to get pics to attach. Thanks again for your reply and good luck with egg color!

Beautiful birds!!!
Not the best picture of him but here is one of our Townline roosters! I will have to snap some of the other roosters and the girls one of these upcoming days. All of my girls have muffs on their ears and they are so kid friendly which is a must with 3 small boys!

Back
Top Bottom