Townline Easter eggers

We have 3 that we got grom Rural King in northern Indiana, same age, and look just like yours
Hey! I just came across your thread. I know I'm a little late but I drove out to Townline Hatchery in person this spring (about 40 min. drive for me) and bought some EE's. I got three pullets and they have turned out really pretty and great birds too. They aren't laying yet, however, so I can't tell you about the eggs. Maybe the renewed interest will stir up some others to post pictures. Right now mine are13 weeks old. But they all started out as chipmunk-colored chicks in varying degrees of brown. The one that looked most like an actual chipmunk is in the last picture. The top one was a little lighter in color as a small chick.

It's been awhile...has anyone's Rural King easter eggers started laying yet? One of my 2 girls laid her first egg this morning at 20 weeks old. Not blue or green. Kind of a bummer but she is a beautiful, sweet girl. Still have one more to start laying so I am keeping my fingers crossed for that blue/green egg. Please post your egg pics when you get them!

Awesome and such a pretty girl! I'm eagerly awaiting my first eggs from my three Townline EE's, any week now. I'll be sure to post them here when I get them.

Okay, so Chip (in the last picture above) laid her first egg today after building a spectacular nest and sitting in it for half the morning. About four pullets and our rooster cheered her on with the egg song. BUT... the egg was brown. So normal-chicken-brown that it doesn't even warrant a picture. Kind of bummed. Holding out for the other two. Did your other one start laying yet? It would be a bummer if their EE were all duds in the egg color department.

Last edited:
I am sorry your girl laid a brown egg. I so get it! All the excitement and such a LONG wait and then to have it be tan or brown is a dissapointment. On the other hand, my girls are the prettiest EE's I have ever seen! My other girl still has not laid an egg-hope there is nothing wrong with her. Her comb is huge and she walks around grumbling loudly all the time, but no squatting yet. I will post a picture of her/her egg whenever she should decide to lay it. And I won't be surprised if it is tan ;) Next time I get EEs I'll go with Meyer Hatchery like I had planned on. Have a good day and post when your other girls start laying.

Good for you!! My second girl still has to start laying. She has turned into kind of a brat so far. She chases all the other old girls around. Kind of an instigator. Very pretty, but she must know it;). i'll post as soon as she does. Are you waiting on any more to start laying?

I have 4 EE that we got from a spring hatch through our local 4-H extension. The chicks came from Townline and were marketed to us as Americaunas..........which they are NOT! They all look like the birds shown above. Of the 4, 2 are laying and they are giving me brown eggs, which is kind of disappointing considering I already have 12 other layers that give me brown eggs. I was really looking forward to blue/green eggs again. Oh well, at least the eggs are tastey and the girls are pretty.

I got mine from Rural King which got them from Townline hatchery. The bin said Ameracauna/Easter Egger cross which we all know means EE ;). I believe my second (and final) EE lays a brown egg. I have now found 2 eggs the color of wet sand that feel like sandpaper-very rough texture. I assume they are from her since all my other girls are laying. Maybe those sandpaper eggs are why she has been so mean and cranky :D! Like you said, the girls are beautiful and eggs are eggs. I can still sell them like crazy at work!

Back
Top Bottom