Township ordinance

Sbr73

Songster
Feb 28, 2021
New Jersey
Since chickens are domesticated, what does this mean? Do I just get my chickens and keep my fingers crossed and coop nice and clean? I can not find any info on how to go about getting a permit.

This is what the ordinance states:

No person shall maintain, keep or harbor on any interior or exterior premises in the Township any cattle, rabbits, sheep, goats, ducks, swine, horses, chickens or similar nondomesticated animals or fowl, excluding pigeons. The Department of Health and Human Services of the Township of Woodbridge may consider and review, in its sole discretion, certain requests for a special permit waiving the permit holder from compliance with this subsection. Moreover, no permit shall be issued until it has been determined by the Department of Health and Human Services, upon inspection and review of other information that the Department deems necessary and appropriate, that such place and premises are suitable for the housing of the animals. A permit shall be revoked if, by virtue of a subsequent inspection, it has been determined that the premises have not been kept in a sanitary condition and/or that the premises are not suitable for maintaining the good health of the animal in question. A permit issued under this subsection shall be renewed annually on or before January 1 in each year and revoked at the discretion of the Department. The fee for the permit shall be thirty-five ($35.00) dollars annually.

Chickens are still considered farm animals or livestock as they should be. Domesticated refers to cats, dogs and the exemption which allows pigeons.
Do you have any neighbors to complain about loud hens squawking?

Hi. I’m going to start the process to get a chicken permit in Woodbridge township. I’m wondering if you could tell me how you went about the process and If you had to do all the things in the procedures list. I would greatly appreciate hearing about your experience.
Hi,

Yes, for the most part. It was not easy. It took me about 2 months going back and forth with each department because neither department was aware of their responsibilities or that an ordinance even existed.

Ok, so I started the process to obtain my permit! Yay!
Hi. I’m going to start the process to get a chicken permit in Woodbridge township. I’m wondering if you could tell me how you went about the process and If you had to do all the things in the procedures list. I would greatly appreciate hearing about your experience.

Back
Top Bottom