Tractor Supply chicks "Rainbow Mix"

Vicki B.

Songster
6 Years
Oct 10, 2017
Northern California
I bought 6 straight run "Rainbow Mix" chicks form TSC and of course they did not know what breeds are in the rainbow mix. I always end up buying too many chicks from this store because they take such terrible care of them and I want to take them all home! I now have two young roosters from this mix mostly white with some brown speckled feathers they are going to be big boys with small combs and HUGE feet and legs. They are very mellow and I can pick them up and hold them unlike any Leghorn mixes I have that are kind of wild.I can post a picture later is anyone familiar with rainbow mixes and what breeds this might include?

Dixie Rainbows. I heard they are a great alternative to Cornish cross for meat. But they are ok for eggs I guess. They do not breed true but they can breed.

I bought 6 straight run "Rainbow Mix" chicks form TSC and of course they did not know what breeds are in the rainbow mix. I always end up buying too many chicks from this store because they take such terrible care of them and I want to take them all home! I now have two young roosters from this mix mostly white with some brown speckled feathers they are going to be big boys with small combs and HUGE feet and legs. They are very mellow and I can pick them up and hold them unlike any Leghorn mixes I have that are kind of wild.I can post a picture later is anyone familiar with rainbow mixes and what breeds this might include?
Sounds like a Jersey Giant! I would have to see pictures.

Back
Top Bottom