Tractor Supply Chicks

Action photo
big_smile.png
RUN FOR YOUR LIVES!! ....

IT'S ATTACK Of BIRDZILLA!!!

lau.gif

I just called the 3 stores around here and asked what they would have and i have to say im a little confused. They spoke kind of fast so i may have gotten some of the names wrong but i was hopin yall could tell me a little about them. We are wantin mainly egg layers but prefer ones that double as meat if needed. They said they have cornish rocks, red pullets (not sure what those are), brown bantams (or brahmas but im pretty sure thats cows not chickens so i musta wrote it down wrong lol), and black giant pullets. Im not sure what pullets are and the brown bantams are straight run and im sure that means mixes. Would any of these breeds be good for what we want? Im tryin to google them but im clueless lol

I just called the 3 stores around here and asked what they would have and i have to say im a little confused. They spoke kind of fast so i may have gotten some of the names wrong but i was hopin yall could tell me a little about them. We are wantin mainly egg layers but prefer ones that double as meat if needed. They said they have cornish rocks, red pullets (not sure what those are), brown bantams (or brahmas but im pretty sure thats cows not chickens so i musta wrote it down wrong lol), and black giant pullets. Im not sure what pullets are and the brown bantams are straight run and im sure that means mixes. Would any of these breeds be good for what we want? Im tryin to google them but im clueless lol

The cornish rocks are meat birds. Red pullets are probly red sex links or RIR, the browns could have been brahmas, my local store doesn't separate the bantams by color. Black giants are probly black jersey giants.
Of those for eggs and occasional meat, brahmas, red pullets(smaller bodied but big enough for a small family), and the giants(slow to mature but large bodied), these would all work for your needs.
And pullets are young hens, usually before 1yr old.

Straight run is a mix of makes and females. 50/50 chance. Brahamas are good layers. Not great, just good. They have a good amount of meat on them also. The down fall is they take a while to mature. Cornish are meat birds. Red pullets are iffy with meat. A good breed for you would be a barred rock. They are great layers and good for meat as well.

Back
Top Bottom