Tractor Supply Chicks

Batavia got another shipment by the time we visited. They now have Cornish rocks, Partridge rocks, Pekin ducks, yellow sex links, and "assorted" pullets, which were all white.

For anyone who's in the area, the chick guy at the Geneseo TSC was very knowledgeable and actually stopped to look up what he didn't know instead of making something up.

We got our new chicks today at TSC (thankfully school was closed so I had the day off) We got 4 Barred Rocks and 4 Tetra Tints. We are newbies and just can't stop going in to check up on them. I had them eating out of my hand and using my arm as a roost already. They are so cute and funny.
Our Highland store also had cornish rocks, some bantams and red pullets. I believe they were all around $2.69 each.

went by tractor supply ... to see when they started sellin chicks .. and look what i got =) <3 couldnt wait a few more days on my order ... lol im horrible the yellow ones are "red pullets" the red ones are st run partridge rocks ... and the brown chipmunky ones are pullets .. i think the are gold laced wyandottes ....

i went to my local tsc (central fl) they had Cornish rocks st run,red pullets, pullet mix, duck mix, and bantam mix. she would not let me pick out my own birds...said tsc has stopped that, since the birds dont like being chased by there hands ("it really scares them" is what i was told when i asked) and it takes to long.....
hmm.png
whatever she grabs and puts in the box, is mine. so i didnt like that very much.

cornish rocks ........$1.99 each
bantam mix..............$2.69 each
and if i remember right the other chick had been the same price $2.69 each the Ducks, had been $4 something, Almost 5 bucks!! it said mix but i think it was just pekin ducks

OMG!! I would have been upset! I got assorted chicks yesterday, but I knew when I went in for the bantams that their were certain characteristics I was looking for. Yesterday the lady got them for me, today the old guy let me practically climb into the bin, then my hubby had to shoo the others over towards me so I could the EXACT one I was trying for! It's either their hands or mine, I don't see the difference. At $2.69 a PIECE, I dang well will PICK the ones I want! Good luck with your babies and I hope they are exactly what you wanted. :0)
BTW~I used to live in central Fl. (Orlando and Titusville)
thumbsup.gif

I went to two different tsc today. The first let me pick out the chicks but they handled them. The second let me AND the kids go in the fenced area to pick out our chicks.

What kind of goats do you have. I am looking to raise bore goats. Can't seem to find a good price on them. Thanks Mac or BDM "Big Daddy Mac"

Back
Top Bottom