Tractor Supply SGE Pullets

AlliemaeC89

Chirping
9 Years
Feb 5, 2015
Picked up 3 (supposedly) SGE from tractor supply. All supposed to be female from Hoover Hatchery. I have one (first picture) that keeps trying to square up with me. They are four weeks old now and two have crests? Did I get Partridge type SGE, or OE… and is this “lady” trying to square up with me actually a roo or are they naturally jerks?
IMG_1041.jpeg
IMG_1042.jpeg
IMG_1043.jpeg

I see nothing to indicate a male in any of them. Females can be feisty too.

If you see a crest and/or barring in any of them, then those are likely to be Legbar based Easter eggers or olive eggers.
I have never had a female that sought out violence so she surprises me. Hoovers Hatchery just states “This breed was created by crossing the Prairie Bluebell Egger™ with a brown egg layer” so maybe legbar based. Again the crest throws me since I want expecting it.

That is what likely came from Legbar. There is alot going on in the Hoover mixes. Meaning the Prairie is already and mix that is then mixed again. In the Prairie is mix is likely a Legbar or Araucana

Their prairie bluebells say Araucanas and White Leghorns so quite possible
It's kind of my point, you don't for sure know what mix they used.... The website and internet in general can be reflecting the mix in 2022 and then the 2024 mixes are different. Just pretty don't know unless you chat with them or do some sort of Chicken dna kit, lol.

Back
Top Bottom