Traditional Serama

Don't worry about the Serama's, there are Serama's for every type. It's not being small minded, there are rules. It wouldn't be quite fair for the other breeds to have to follow those rules and the Serama not to. It's just a matter of choice, whether to work on colors that are now, or will be APA and ABA so they can be shown and judged as other APA and ABA breeds or choose to work with those gorgeous flashy colors that may never be seen but on one bird. Those, by the way can still be shown now, as AOV (if they meet the requirements of the variety) and Table top (where they are judged only for their character and type with no regard to color. It's simply a matter of preference. Not a shame, not being turned into production birds, simply breed them the way you want and keep the character and type and you can't go wrong. If there's a color you're in love with, then make em and someone will love em too.

I'm for them all. I'm working on black and chocolate and blue/blue wheaten but the crazy cool colors that can and "will" happen along the way are never going to be culled because of color, only if they are not correct type or character. I Love that. I feel freedom to really get in and enjoy what I'm doing and not have this fear that if I have colors that don't fit the APA or ABA criteria, that they won't be useful. The more crazy cool they are, the better. I think it would be great fun to get all the colors lined out to breed true then mix them all up again!
lol.png
but then I some days you feel like a nut.............

Last edited:
Check out this pullet, one of my black pullets in with my silver rooster and she's laying and I'm setting her eggs now.
I think this is going to be a very nice cross.

Coaletta - taken in the cage in the garage with flash and window light behind her. I thought her profile was pretty cool, very S shaped. She can actually drop those wings down a bit but could use more vertical wingset.

Serama3_Dec2011007.jpg

Serama3_Dec2011008.jpg

Sterling - I hope this rooster will pass on his vertical wingset to his chicks out of the hens he has now, my beautiful silver hen and my 2 gorgeous black pullets.
SilverSerama12th_Dec2011009.jpg

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom