Trans hen/roo?

Ar
Thank you all... Odd that I have never heard a peep out of him? He acted just like the others until last week. Overnight he grew taller, redder, & mounted the black one. She's the only one he has eyes for, at least until now. No crow, no pecking, none of the other traits I see posted about other roos. If he stays nice and quiet, he'll earn himself a couple of new girlfriends.
Are you sure this isnt just a normal rooster? It can take a bit for them to stand out as one sometimes.

Can you post some pictures of your flock? It's EXTREMELY rare that a bird changes gender, it's mostly something that can be found in certain types of fish. Most likely, he's either a cockerel that is a late bloomer, or a hen that has some dominance issues with your other hen, hence why she/he only seems interested in her. And again, I want to emphasise how rare it is for a chicken to change gender. Post some pictures of how they are now, and some from when they were younger, so we can see if it truly changed gender (again, highly unlikely)
I think what OP meant was not changing gender as literally trans but more of a joke as, assumed the bird was female and ended up being male. Maybe i misread the post but i didn’t see where they specifically implied that.

Back
Top Bottom