Trapped raccoon

None of these things kill people accidentally at nearly the rate that guns do, and yet most of them are considered dangerous.

Your rhetoric is tiring.

Last time I'm posting on this....

I have many guns, amazingly none of them as killed or harmed a single person. I can set a pistol on the table where it will stay without me even telling it to forever. It will never move or fire on its own.... Ever.

People are dangerous, not guns.

I don't know where your from, nor do I really care. Terriable things happen everywhere, regardless of where you live. Oh and one more thing if something bad goes down where you are hopefully your government will get to you in time because they are the only ones who can help.

People are dangerous, not guns.
When a toddler finds a gun and shoots himself, or one of his parents, the toddler isn't whats dangerous.

Guns are force multipliers - they turn tiny actions into gigantic consequences - and despite pretty much everyone who has a gun thinking they're a responsible owner, almost no one is.

Last edited:
Here's the thing: Here in the USA, some people own guns, some don't. We all have the right to own guns or not own them. In the right hands, guns are perfectly safe. In the wrong hands (like a drunk driver), a car is as dangerous a weapon as a gun. A gun is a tool, just like any other tool you have. If used right, it's safe. If not, it's dangerous - just like a hammer, table saw, chain saw, kitchen knives... All very safe when properly used. All dangerous if not properly used.

If a toddler gets ahold of a gun and shoots himself, it's still due to human error - much the same as if that same toddler ran out into the street and got hit by a car, got into some toxic chemical and died of poisoning, or fell into a pool and drowned. All human error as none of these things would have happened if our fictitious toddler had been properly supervised by the adults responsible for him. I found this little chart that lists the top 10 causes of death by age group from the CDC. Interestingly, while guns are listed, they are not the #1 cause of death in any age group.

http://www.cdc.gov/injury/images/lc...eaths_unintentional_injury_2014_1040w740h.gif

I would like to know, CrazyTalk, how you figure "almost no one is" a responsible gun owner. Could you please show me where you got that information? Also, who do you consider a "responsible gun owner?" Really, I'd like to know. Our kids grew up with guns in the house and were taught from a very young age how to use them, and that they weren't toys. They took Firearms Safety classes, and to this day still enjoy target shooting. Our family provides meat for our tables by using guns to harvest deer, ducks, pheasants and geese.

Getting off my soapbox now....

Locally raccoons that are traps by animal control are "relocated" to the residence of an old lady who loves fried raccoon. I think she pays 5 bucks for a big one and two for a small one. But this is in a rabies free state.

Here's the thing: Here in the USA, some people own guns, some don't. We all have the right to own guns or not own them. In the right hands, guns are perfectly safe. In the wrong hands (like a drunk driver), a car is as dangerous a weapon as a gun. A gun is a tool, just like any other tool you have. If used right, it's safe. If not, it's dangerous - just like a hammer, table saw, chain saw, kitchen knives... All very safe when properly used. All dangerous if not properly used. 

If a toddler gets ahold of a gun and shoots himself, it's still due to human error - much the same as if that same toddler ran out into the street and got hit by a car, got into some toxic chemical and died of poisoning, or fell into a pool and drowned. All human error as none of these things would have happened if our fictitious toddler had been properly supervised by the adults responsible for him. I found this little chart that lists the top 10 causes of death by age group from the CDC. Interestingly, while guns are listed, they are not the #1 cause of death in any age group. 

http://www.cdc.gov/injury/images/lc...eaths_unintentional_injury_2014_1040w740h.gif

I would like to know, CrazyTalk, how you figure "almost no one is" a responsible gun owner. Could you please show me where  you got that information? Also, who do you consider a "responsible gun owner?" Really, I'd like to know. Our kids grew up with guns in the house and were taught from a very young age how to use them, and that they weren't toys. They took Firearms Safety classes, and to this day still enjoy target shooting. Our family provides meat for our tables by using guns to harvest deer, ducks, pheasants and geese. 

Getting off my soapbox now....
X2 I was gonna say just about the same thing. When a toddler finds bleach and drinks it. Was it the bleaches fault? Should we ban bleach? This is a argument that some people just don't understand. Instead of blaming the parents or schools for kids being raised wrongly. A lot of people just say it was the gun not human error. Guns do kill people but so does 1000s of things in this world that are just swept under the rug. When someone decides to go on a mass shooting I'm pretty sure there decision wasn't made because they could get a gun. The problem with most youth now a days is there unsupervised and left to do what ever they want by the parents. Mix in alcohol and drugs so easily accessible it's the perfect storm for trouble. My mother and father raised me the same way you've raised your kids. I know guns are not a toy just like I know not to get into a car drunk. I will always own guns and feel they are a great tool to protect and provide for my family. The fact of the matter is people are under the impression that if they take are guns. Criminals and bad things will just stop happening. It's easy for other country's to say there crime rate is lower. When they have 3x less population then America.

Sorry if I ofend, but drowning is cruel.
Has anyone ever used engine starter, the kind that contains ether?
I have heard that it works well when chickens need to be humanely killed.
Perhaps that would work on raccoons also. Certainly sounds more humane.
I guess drowning is cruel, but raccoons are also cruel, one pulled my rooster off the top of a coop and started eating him from the tail while he was still alive. I managed to rescue him but he died of his horrific wounds.

Ever try to get a snarling, biting angry raccoon into a bag full of gas? No? because it can't be done. Drown away - it only suffers a for a minute not as long as my poor rooster (that should be plural actually - ever heard a chicken cry? )

I have an obligation to protect my birds more than to be humane to vermin.

Back
Top Bottom