Treating Coccidia

Wheeks

In the Brooder
May 8, 2015
Ever since I cleaned out the brooders two days ago I've noticed bloody stool. I picked up Corid 9.6% liquid and Nutri-Drench. Are these safe to mix in the same gallon of water? Also what dose/strength of the Corid should I use for the 5 day course?

@Eggcessive is very knowledgeable as well.
I'm working on learning correct dosages, but I'd to accidentally give you the wrong info, so I'll leave that up to the experts.

Corid dosage is 2 tsp of the liquid, or 1.5 tsp of the powder per gallon of water for 5-7 days. How many chicks do you have? How are they acting? Nutri-Drench is more econmical to give orally to each chicken, 1 ml per chick per day. Some people don't like to give vitamins at the same time as Corid, a thiamine inhibitor, but since they eat food, I don't agree with that. I wouldn't mix anything in the Corid water.

All the chicks are acting and eating fine. They haven't had anymore bloody stool since yesterday's first dose. I have been giving them 1 tsp/gallon as that was the dosage I had found, should I increase it? And just want to confirm it is 5 days, as 3 days is also another time frame I had found.

Well, it's up to you. If they're not acting sickly, you can leave the dosage where you have it, but I would still finish up the 5 days of treatment.

Hi have 5 hens/pullets I just acquired a week ago. They have been in quarantine and yesterday I had a stool sample checked since I'd noticed a bit of diarrhea/bloody stool. It was positive for coccidia so I picked up corid powder at TSC and mixed 1 1/2 tsp in a gallon of water as I read above. Do I need to do a second dose in 2 weeks after the initial dose has been completed? Also is there a withdrawal time for the eggs? Thank you so much for your help! This is my first time dealing with this! I'm also planning on sanitizing everything in the cages the chickens are staying in at the moment!

Hi have 5 hens/pullets I just acquired a week ago. They have been in quarantine and yesterday I had a stool sample checked since I'd noticed a bit of diarrhea/bloody stool. It was positive for coccidia so I picked up corid powder at TSC and mixed 1 1/2 tsp in a gallon of water as I read above. Do I need to do a second dose in 2 weeks after the initial dose has been completed? Also is there a withdrawal time for the eggs? Thank you so much for your help! This is my first time dealing with this! I'm also planning on sanitizing everything in the cages the chickens are staying in at the moment!

After 5 days reduce dose to 1/3 teaspoon for for 1-2 weeks.

-Kathy

Back
Top Bottom