Treating Pullet for Coccidiosis

Kenncarr

Chirping
Sep 23, 2020
Need advice. I have a sick 5 month old DSL Barnevelder pullet. I am fairly positive she has Coccidiosis. We have had rain everyday for the last month so the ground is constantly wet. I lost a young cockerel suddenly from the same coop only 3 weeks ago. My husband noticed her distancing herself from the flock not long after. 2 days ago we picked her up and she is very malnourished. I’ve had her in the garage and have been feeding her raw quail eggs and nutridrench water with a syringe. She has no noticeable respiratory symptoms. She will stand hunched, very fluffed up and won’t eat (possibly is drinking a little on her own, but can’t tell for sure). I finally got Corid today and have been giving it to her with a syringe. (Mixed 2 tsp with 1 gal water) My question is - should I be feeding her along with the Corid? It is my understanding the Corid works because it deprives the parasite of B vitamins. Quail eggs are rich in B vits…so I feel like I’m just contradicting the Corid by feeding her quail eggs.

Need advice. I have a sick 5 month old DSL Barnevelder pullet. I am fairly positive she has Coccidiosis. We have had rain everyday for the last month so the ground is constantly wet. I lost a young cockerel suddenly from the same coop only 3 weeks ago. My husband noticed her distancing herself from the flock not long after. 2 days ago we picked her up and she is very malnourished. I’ve had her in the garage and have been feeding her raw quail eggs and nutridrench water with a syringe. She has no noticeable respiratory symptoms. She will stand hunched, very fluffed up and won’t eat (possibly is drinking a little on her own, but can’t tell for sure). I finally got Corid today and have been giving it to her with a syringe. (Mixed 2 tsp with 1 gal water) My question is - should I be feeding her along with the Corid? It is my understanding the Corid works because it deprives the parasite of B vitamins. Quail eggs are rich in B vits…so I feel like I’m just contradicting the Corid by feeding her quail eggs.
How is her poop?

Don't feed anything, or supplement vitamins that contains thiamine during corid treatment.

Feed her normal feed, for now.

Back
Top Bottom