Treats for Ducks?

Quote:
4. No Trolling (posting to provoke others, luring them to flame or rant). Trolling is sometimes done involuntarily, so please be considerate when posting.

Last edited by a moderator:
Okay, Okay, poor Wifezilla and Nettie has had to defend the "No-No" list for weeks now trying to explain and educate everyone on all items listed. Let me give the allaboutdemchicks list of "No-Nos" for ducks based on what information I have gathered.

NEW NO-NO list.....
styrofoam packing peanut
cigarette butts
poop
little pieces of paper
cardboard
puppy pads
plastic
rubber bands
anything made out of cotton...string, thread, yarn
fishing lures
and lets not forget..... ambien pills (bad, bad Ming mei)

NOW, THE OLD LIST OF NO-NO'S ARE WHAT I FEED MY KIDS.....

Last edited:
During digestion, starches break down in to glucose. Glucose = sugar.

A grain off the stalk is not the same thing as a ground, pressure extruded, heated grain product.

Processed grains may taste good, but they are not a health food like people have been lead to believe. Grains that are sprouted or fermented CAN be healthy, but that isn't how people eat them. ( http://westonaprice.org/foodfeatures/be_kind.html ) Ducks did not evolve to eat processed grains and neither did people.

A slice of bread here and there isn't going to kill your duck. It wont kill you either. But a steady diet of breads and cereals is what is causing an obesity epidemic in people AND their pets.
http://www.felinediabetes.com/hodgkinsarticle.htm

Enjoy the sandwich.

4. No Trolling (posting to provoke others, luring them to flame or rant). Trolling is sometimes done involuntarily, so please be considerate when posting.

I haven't eaten grains in 2 years. My high blood pressure is cured and I have lost 42 lbs. Thanks for asking.

I catch minnows in a minnow trap and throw them in a kiddie pool for my ducks - it's the greatest show on earth!
cool.png

Quote:
a minnow trap??? my ducks like grab some grass, hold it in their bill, the release it into the water. while they are in the pool you can see them hanging out of it grabbing grass and then once it gets nice and wet, they eat it. they are hilarious!

Okay, let's play nice or this thread will be closed. Please follow the rules when posting:

* Be friendly and courteous to all members at all times.

Back
Top Bottom