Trip to Sylvan Heights Bird Park

BYC-user-174785

Songster
7 Years
Nov 23, 2012
On August 2 I visited Sylvan Heights Bird Park located in Scotland Neck, NC. This was my second visit there and I absolutely love their setup and birds! I highly recommend this place for anyone to visit. You can find out more about their park at www.shwpark.com.

Here are the pictures. Some are quite blurry but I decided to include them to show the vast array of birds that can be seen there.

None of the pictures have labels, but if there is one that you really want to know I can ID it for you to the best of my ability.
Enjoy the pictures!

Dear Sir/Madam:

These are some "Absolutely Beautiful" pictures of the waterfowl and other birds at the Sylvan Heights Bird Park. I look forward to one day visiting Sylvan Heights.

Thank you for posting these beautiful pictures. Take care.

D. Newson

I am glad you like the pictures! Their new exihibit, the Landing Zone, is a lot of fun. It is like paradise there for me.

I also suggest reading The Waterfowl Man of Sylvan Heights. I really enjoyed it.

Thanks so very much for taking the time to post all the wonderful beautiful birds on your visit Alex.Hope you and your birds are well. Thats the next best thing to being there.. I have not been yet but one of my close friends went last year or year before and gave me a CD video he made while up there. Once again thanks for sharing. Shawn

Last edited:
No problem! For the most part my birds are great, but while we were away I lost my Sylvan Heights white mandarin drake and a ring teal drake. I bet that video was cool.

Back
Top Bottom