Trouble with the neighbor.

Quote:
ep.gif
bow.gif
o wow. I would have moved by then.
pop.gif
pop.gif

Can't even figure how I missed that little emerald of advice.

Giving out advice like that, does any one wonder why they have always waged war with at least one of their nieghbors?

Quote:
ep.gif
bow.gif
o wow. I would have moved by then.
pop.gif
pop.gif

Giving out advice like that, does any one wonder why they have always waged war with at least one of their nieghbors?

Could be that the neighbors have started the wars.

My one neighbor that thinks he can rule the road actually threw a box of carpenter nail in our driveway that goes to the barn. I would have been bent if I got a flat tire, but I would have beaten the dude if one of my horses stepped on them. He doesn't like a rooster crowing because its the country and it is supposed to be quiet. We all live on at least 2 or more acres and I could be a real donkey and have 100 roos because the zoning allows it.
I do agree cutting tire and throwing nails out is not good, but what has the neighbors done to them?

Quote:

My one neighbor that thinks he can rule the road actually threw a box of carpenter nail in our driveway that goes to the barn. I would have been bent if I got a flat tire, but I would have beaten the dude if one of my horses stepped on them. He doesn't like a rooster crowing because its the country and it is supposed to be quiet. We all live on at least 2 or more acres and I could be a real donkey and have 100 roos because the zoning allows it.
I do agree cutting tire and throwing nails out is not good, but what has the neighbors done to them?

You sure your neighbor ain't Egghead Jr.
Your illustration covers the exact situation I was putting out there.

What they done to him? I bet that is one of them Hatfield and McCoy, chicken before the egg questions. What indeed does some one have to do, so Egghead Jr feels justified in ESCALATING the problem. And by his own admission it goes on ALL THE TIME we have always waged war with at least 1 of our neighbors So one neighbor or the other has always done something to him? Does that sound right to you? Or even sane?

But, the point I can make. You say you COULD be a donkey and get 100 roosters, however you have chosen to remain on the restraint side of the issue. Good for you.

Where does it stop. He throws nails, you cut tires, he cuts tires, you burn tree, he breaks fence, you throw garbage, he breaks your window, the cost, (all hypotheticals)and the price keeps escalating. Next thing you know, some one breaks down on the hwy and gets shot knocking on the door asking for help. Because he walked unknowingly into the middle of a war zone.

Have you read noodleroo's first couple of replies to this thread?

I have a difference of opinion going with my neighbor now, but no matter how big that difference gets, I will never do anything to escalate the problem. We may have that difference of opinion for the next 20 years, but I would never do anything physical to harm him, his family or his property. I trust he would not either. Because HE IS MY NEIGHBOR!

Quote:

You sure your neighbor ain't Egghead Jr.
Your illustration covers the exact situation I was putting out there.

What they done to him? I bet that is one of them Hatfield and McCoy, chicken before the egg questions. What indeed does some one have to do, so Egghead Jr feels justified in ESCALATING the problem. And by his own admission it goes on ALL THE TIME we have always waged war with at least 1 of our neighbors So one neighbor or the other has always done something to him? Does that sound right to you? Or even sane?

But, the point I can make. You say you COULD be a donkey and get 100 roosters, however you have chosen to remain on the restraint side of the issue. Good for you.

Where does it stop. He throws nails, you cut tires, he cuts tires, you burn tree, he breaks fence, you throw garbage, he breaks your window, the cost, (all hypotheticals)and the price keeps escalating. Next thing you know, some one breaks down on the hwy and gets shot knocking on the door asking for help. Because he walked unknowingly into the middle of a war zone.

Have you read noodleroo's first couple of replies to this thread?

I have a difference of opinion going with my neighbor now, but no matter how big that difference gets, I will never do anything to escalate the problem. We may have that difference of opinion for the next 20 years, but I would never do anything physical to harm him, his family or his property. I trust he would not either. Because HE IS MY NEIGHBOR!

You do have some good points and so does noodleroo. Your right if one continue to escalate the issue with retaliantion only bad things can and will happen. Our particular neighbor starts things with everyone. He doesn't like dogs barking, roosters crowing, hates not being able to see in others yards and the list goes on. We just call the state police when he starts shoting his gun or yelling at people. Which of course just makes him madder.

We try to help our neighbors out. Like last winter we got a good snow storm and my husband and I went around plowing everyone out that didn't have a plow or would have had to use a snow blower. The snow was wet and deep and we even stopped at the loony neighbor, but he just started screaming and swearing to get the hell away from his property. OK then we will sit inside while you drop dead from trying to shovel a foot of wet snow. You could hear him swearing and complaining and finally he called someone to go plow him out and had to pay the person. We didn't want any money just to help others get out. Most of the neighbors across the street have some good size hills to go up. But there always seems to be one in every neighborhood that no matter what you do there will be no pleasing them.

I read this whole thread thinking this must be over, way over by now thinking this thread had a conclusion.....LOL its from 2010..... didn't realize that until now..the end the original OP may not even be on this board anymore,
BUT I STILL WANT TO KNOW WHAT THE h__ -- _)___ HAPPENED TO THE JERK NEIGHBOR AND HER CHICKENS........ WAHHHHHHHHHHHH

For got to say I had 34 roosters here this past year all were either sold or freezer camp...... after they were 20 + weeks, 21 in each pen, and they did crow alot but I never even heard them unless I was outside....... when windows were closed and air was on I can't hear my outside dog bark.. the guy is just being an ***, and wanted to cause trouble and blame the roosters for his not sleeping, when in reality it was probably just him being a grumpy crab butt neighbor.... who liked to bully and cause trouble..

Last edited:
I read this whole thread thinking this must be over, way over by now thinking this thread had a conclusion.....LOL its from 2010..... didn't realize that until now..the end the original OP may not even be on this board anymore,
BUT I STILL WANT TO KNOW WHAT THE h__ -- _)___ HAPPENED TO THE JERK NEIGHBOR AND HER CHICKENS........ WAHHHHHHHHHHHH
For got to say I had 34 roosters here this past year all were either sold or freezer camp...... after they were 20 + weeks, 21 in each pen, and they did crow alot but I never even heard them unless I was outside....... when windows were closed and air was on I can't hear my outside dog bark.. the guy is just being an ***, and wanted to cause trouble and blame the roosters for his not sleeping, when in reality it was probably just him being a grumpy crab butt neighbor.... who liked to bully and cause trouble..

2x

He could probably not do too much about it. As long as she was breaking no ordinances she was fine. The neighbor will have to replace any of her chickens that show up with a pellet hole in them.

My neighbor (also brother-in-law) complained about my roosters crowing. I informed him that he was now living in the country and roosters crowing was all part of the experience and if he complained too loudly I would let him experience living beside goats and a hog or two.

I did not hear much complaining after that. I did get rid of my roosters. I currently have no chickens at the moment but the incubator wll be plugged in tonight to get ready for a new batch or 2.

Darin

Back
Top Bottom