Trying to find a Hatchery in South East MICH.

festivefeet

Songster
10 Years
Apr 2, 2009
Hi there.

I was wondering if anyone knows of a hatchery or someone who sells chicks from hatchery orders in South East Michigan? We live just south of Ann Arbor MI. I only want 4 or 5, so I cannot order them through the mail.

I bought chicks from a man in Belleville MI last spring. He orders them from Townline Hatchery and then sells them to people. He took over for a woman who used to have a hatchery in Carleton MI. I would call him, but I cannot find his number sad. Ugh.

Any help would be great!!!

Thanks.
Jessica

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for the replies, has anyone ever ordered from or heard anything about "My Pet Chicken"?

J.

I am from Milan and I also have been having a hard time finding a hatchery near me. I have ordered from my pet chicken, and had ordered 10 silky chicks and everyone of them lived. I would order from them again.
smile.png

I am in Milan as well, off of Wabash.
smile.png
If I get the number to the guy in Belleville, I will let you know. They order there chicks from Townline and you can get female or male.

I am trying to find his contact info. It was nice to pick our own.
smile.png

I live just across the Ohio stateline but commute to ann arbor for work. I have hatched silver laced wyandottes, Buckeyes, and a mix breed (golden comet plus either silverlaced wyandotte or a rooster that was a surplus chick no one can put a breed name to) we have had excellent chicks that are active and lively and our breeders lay huge brown eggs by the nest full. I could hatch you some for you and even deliver if you would like. Send me an email [email protected] if your interested.

Meyers hatchery again. My Pet Chicken gets there chicks from Meyers. Check out the link that Farmington gave you they have alot of newer breeds and as they said will ship as little as 3. And really you are not to far away from them probally a couple hours drive to pick up. check them out, I get all my laying chickens from them. And never had a problem. I don't recommed TSC for chick buying, be careful I was at ours picking up some bedding and there was 2 dead chicks in there bin and a customer and myself was pointing it out to them. So be careful when buying from TSC.

Thanks for the reply. Ya, I don't think I would get them from TSC. I have one not far away that I get supplies from. They don't really have much of a selection for those that want variations in breed in their flock.

I did find an add on craigslist from a woman that has a small farm. She hatches Welsummers, Cuckoo Marans and Barnevelders. I am also considering getting some from her.

I will check out Meyer. Thanks!!!

Back
Top Bottom