trying to introduce more chickens ,,HELP

poopnroost

In the Brooder
7 Years
May 30, 2012
Killingly CT
for starters Im pretty new to all this .. I have #3 ... 6 month old RI reds and Im pretty sure the other 3 are RI whites ??? any way I aslo have 2 4 month old almost 5 actually silkies and a barred rock about the same age and wellllllllllllllllllll... I ended up with what I think is a Marans rooster I know hes a rooster hes already starting to crow same age as the barred rock ...anyway the reds and whites have always been together and the silkies and barred rock and Marans rooster have always been together but seperate from the reds and whites ..I dont want to build another coop but every time I put them in with the reds and whites they get pecked !!! I waited until they were large enough to fight back but uuugh its like having siblings that just wont stop fighting ..I love them all and have been lucky enough to have very healthy chickens I havent lost any and I have had all of them since hatchlings ..so what do i do ??? the last thing I want is to open the coop and find them all pecked to death ...HELP
barnie.gif
Julianna

They won't get pecked to death, they're just sorting out the dominance order. Perfectly normal.

Back
Top Bottom