TSC Bantams

AlleysChicks

Enabler
6 Years
Oct 10, 2016
Southern Ohio
Chicken math strikes again. I picked up 13 chicks at TSC today for 75 cents each. 3 are EE’s and the rest are some kind of feather legged bantams. I know of a few porcelain D’Uccle in there but I’m unsure of the rest. None are silkies.
E25FED09-863D-4E4F-A4D7-326B6DFE87D5.jpeg
43D821B7-EA59-4283-B2F1-5D5263471A5F.jpeg
A867A059-E7DE-46F4-9B2D-D9544783689F.jpeg
AA154FA4-526F-4A8A-950E-03A2132BE0E8.jpeg
27BC05AE-7505-4843-AFD4-37AD8F98ECCC.jpeg
E62B7BA4-9C01-4595-BA48-56AA66C9C73A.jpeg

Love when they all stand as close to eachother as possible in a corner beaked smashed in and all. You can tell you scare the demons out of them lol
My chicks did this too.
I call it the blair witch style stance

Anyway I don't know which breed they are lok
:gigIt’s the phone! They are terrified of it. They run to my hand and I give them neck scratches. I always talk to them as they grow up so they are friendly. My older ones are too friendly lol

Love when they all stand as close to eachother as possible in a corner beaked smashed in and all. You can tell you scare the demons out of them lol
My chicks did this too.
I call it the blair witch style stance

Anyway I don't know which breed they are lok
I know what you mean...it's like they all get in the corner with their heads turn the other way as if to say........she can't see us now, so just stay still and she might go away!!! :)

Only one to a couple show beards....most of your Porcelains appear to be Booted bantams, with the bearded/muffed being d'Uccles. :) Darkest babies could also be Mille Fleur Booted. As for the clean-faced, light buff with dark head spot - what comb type? Never heard of a Buff Columbian Booted bantam, though they may exist. :confused: Buff Brahma, perhaps?

All so cute! :love What a great deal.

~Alex

And 75cents, what a steal! Our TSC’s in Canada don’t even have chicks and if I want bantams from a US hatchery I have to pay full price due to the time it takes for the paperwork which is about 3 weeks. Not to mention it’ll be years before I can have any chickens lol
The guy I talked to said they were testing out a new brooder system and they don’t like it. That they are expecting so many chicks next week and he’s worried about over crowding because of the size. So made a deal.

I’m sorry about all the craziness you have to go through to get birds. Hope it all works out and you can find what you want. Years! Gosh I hope not!

Only one to a couple show beards....most of your Porcelains appear to be Booted bantams, with the bearded/muffed being d'Uccles. :) Darkest babies could also be Mille Fleur Booted. As for the clean-faced, light buff with dark head spot - what comb type? Never heard of a Buff Columbian Booted bantam, though they may exist. :confused: Buff Brahma, perhaps?

~Alex
I will check when I go out today but I thought all had single combs.

~Alex
Went and double checked. All bantams that I got have single combs.

Back
Top Bottom