TSC Breeds

Buying chicks from a feed/hardware/farm supply store is an experience in instant gratification in my opinion. If you custom order from the TSC store near me they simply take your order form and money and send it to the hatchery they have a contract with. That hatchery then ships the birds direct to you just as if you had placed an online order yourself. So, why not do that. Deal direct with a reputable hachery. Order the specific breeds and genders you want. True you usually have to order more that the six chick minimum but when chicken math kicks in you are going to do that anyway.

Just talked to the closest TSC and they say they received pullets but no label of their breed. Just great. They need to get the stuff together

I am willing to bet if clothes came into walmart unlabeled the employees couldn't tell you if it's a cotton polyester blend or pure cotton. I personally don't understand why so many people are so frustrated over it. Pick out 6 healthy energetic chicks, take them home and show them love and affection and watch what they grow up to be. Whether it's a BSL, RSL, RIR, BO, BA, BR or BCM they all are great egg layers and will not disappoint their new owners in 15-18 weeks when they start churning out eggs.

Unless, of course the newbie picks out 6 nice big chicks, and finds out later that they are all CXR. IMO TSC has no business selling chicks if they can't tell the customer what they are getting. Further, If I went to Walmart, and there was clothing that was not labeled regarding fabric content, I'd be taking my business elsewhere.

I am willing to bet if clothes came into walmart unlabeled the employees couldn't tell you if it's a cotton polyester blend or pure cotton. I personally don't understand why so many people are so frustrated over it. Pick out 6 healthy energetic chicks, take them home and show them love and affection and watch what they grow up to be. Whether it's a BSL, RSL, RIR, BO, BA, BR or BCM they all are great egg layers and will not disappoint their new owners in 15-18 weeks when they start churning out eggs. 
People have preferences when it comes to looks, I like the look of BR, RIR, and Isa browns, but I don't like the looks of leghorns, broilers, and some others they sell at TSC. It's just like with dogs, some breeds just suit people better than others.

Back
Top Bottom