TSC IS LYNCHING CHICKENS!

Status
Not open for further replies.
So I went into a TSC in south Louisiana just to see if they had chicks yet, and they did. I walked over to see what they had and thank god they didn’t have any breeds I wanted. Anyway, another customer is there and she is buying about a dozen straight run Black Australorps. The see the employee picking each chic up by the head between his two middle fingers and letting the chicken hang for a few seconds, then he throws the chic in the box to be purchased. After that show was over, I asked the employee why he is hanging the chics by the head? He replied, “That’s how you tell the boys from the girls. The girls will just hang there and the boys will struggle and try to scratch you”.

So I wanted to say: You just picked up at least twelve random chicks out of a straight run bin and they were ALL pullets?

But i didn’t ask, I just left the store thinking I can’t wait to post this experience on BYC! I have to ask, has anyone ever heard of sexing a chick by the “lynching method”?

LOL!

It was a poor use of a term used to incorrectly describe something specific. It was in very poor taste and it was inappropriate. My comment was made to indicate that as such. And it's a real head-scratcher as to how you can find the term "lynching" to be

because quite frankly it is rather disturbing.

However, I am interested as to whether you would be OK if someone incorrectly or inappropriately used one word or another to describe you or something you did just simply to get attention for themselves. My guess is that you would not be ok with it.

Funny that you would revisit an issue that you think should be dead and buried, but bring it back up. Several days ago I had "unwatched" this thread, and had moved on. Interestingly, many others have not.

I only just now noticed and was reading through the thread. I imagine you’re a good, kind, loving person. I’m a little more laid back about the words people choose to use though, particularly when I understand perfectly well what they were saying. I’m not into policing the words others are allowed to use, nor do I approve of the practice. Clearly you have nothing against voicing your disapproval of others for what you see as improper speech. That goes both ways. I merely praised the poster’s clever turn of phrase. But we just disagree. It doesn’t mean we can’t appreciate one another. Like I said, I’m sure you’re a perfectly nice person.

I’ve got to go now, though. I’ve been pressure washing for painting prep and I could absolutely murder a cheese burger. ;)

I only just now noticed and was reading through the thread. I imagine you’re a good, kind, loving person. I’m a little more laid back about the words people choose to use though, particularly when I understand perfectly well what they were saying. I’m not into policing the words others are allowed to use, nor do I approve of the practice. Clearly you have nothing against voicing your disapproval of others for what you see as improper speech. That goes both ways. I merely praised the poster’s clever turn of phrase. But we just disagree. It doesn’t mean we can’t appreciate one another. Like I said, I’m sure you’re a perfectly nice person.

I’ve got to go now, though. I’ve been pressure washing for painting prep and I could absolutely murder a cheese burger. ;)

FWIW, I was pointing out the inappropriateness of the term “lynching” as used in the thread. I was not expressing my disapproval of anyone as you state. In addition, you have labeled me as policing others and trying to tell others what is “allowed”, however, I have done none of these things. Re-read my initial comment and you might have clarity.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom