Tub plucker recomendations?

jcatblum

Songster
9 Years
Oct 27, 2010
Cement, OK
I am looking to buy a plucker, not build one. DH is very handy, but it isn't something he has the time to do-- between work, farm & retal houses.

I am looking at cconly.com EZ 131-- I would be able to pick it up from con-way frieght, so that will save some on shipping

Any other recomendations. I have seen some high figures for building the wizbang, and honestly if I can purchase one for a little bit more money than it is a win win for me!

I am not looking for any type of plucker where I must hold the bird. The tub style will be fastest & easiest, figure one of my teens can handle it without any problems-- providing they don't try to pluck their own arms!

Thanks in advance for any suggestions!

We have an EZ plucker, I think a 151. It has worked very well for us. We did have to rewire the switch so that it can be turned on and off from a little farther away. After the first couple hundred birds, the switch started shocking anyone who touched it. The new switch works great. We have plucked around 600-800 birds with it so far and it is still in great shape.

My EZPlucker has worked well. No complaints. However, we did have a learning curve about scalding and plucking.

You have to scald correctly and not leave the bird in the plucker too long. I'm sure that is going to be true of any plucker of any type that you use.

Glad to hear good things about the plucker! It seems very resonable in price. I do wish it had a longer warranty but that was the only complaint I had when looking at the plucker. I think it has the option of 110 or 220. Leaning towards the 220 but I know it would limit me to where it could be used at. But also provides a good excuse not to loan it out! Not many people have a spare 220.

I am sure after a few birds I can master the learning curve-- since it isn't to high tech.

I'm just bringing this thread back to life because my EZ Plucker had the same problem where people got shocked. As it turns out, the metal parts of the plucker were not wired to the ground wire on the cord. It was an easy fix to ground the frame and luckily nobody was hurt. If you have one of these, check it out and correct the problem before someone gets hurt.

I just clicked on it because I need to buy a tub plucker. How do you decide which model to get? Some of them don't have much in the way of descriptions.

Back
Top Bottom