Tube Feeding Ducks - Updated 5/7/2020

I am going to swing low on my crop holding capacity and opt for more frequent feedings as I want to get a high energy boost with pain and antibiotics for the day.

I dont have any formulas listed for waterfowl so I making my own and creating a list of things I might need. I want her fed in an hour...

I might just do something like ensure...for dogs..or just ensure for people, or baby food...Im looking for alternatives now.

I should do this on the other thread...sorry.
If she has not been drinking enough, tube 2-3% body weight fluids (pedialyte) first. Wait 60-90 minutes and repeat, then you can start tubing food. Tube 2-3% body weight until you get the hang of it.

What's going on that you're gonna start tubing?

At store trying to get pedialyte, I should have ordered online, trouble finding tube, need to go to tsc and get metal feeder
Go to pet store first and get aquarium air line and baby bird food. Then go to TSC and get 60 ml syringe for tubing water/food. The take tube in with you and choose syringe that fits best (two types of tips - lure slip and catheter, not sure which will work better with aquarium air line.

Another tube option is to go to a vet clinic. Walk in and ask them if they will sell you a 18 French catheter, or try a medical supply shop, or maybe even a pharmacy.

Which is better flock raiser crumbles 20%or dumor. Chick starter 24% mixed with purified water to tube feed a goose that's 7 mos old and about 5 lbs been doing 60ml 3x a day she was definitely knocking on death's door a week ago so I been doing this for a week she's definitely not as weak as when I started also 100 mg amoxicillin in 15mls of purified water twice a day please criticism is gladly accepted

Back
Top Bottom