TudyBOT Feedback & Discussion Thread

Pics
I for one hope she stays. Those who fear a disconnect in community and use a fourm for community instead of their local one is already disconnected.

She is a tool, a basic one that can be upgraded through learning and become more useful down the road. This doesn't mean not to take her answers with a grain of salt as you should any answer you get on the internet whether it be from humans or not. We are on a fourm and there are a great many pretenders out there. We are human and even face to face there are still con artist and grifters out there.

She should be monitored I suppose and corrected. Everyone here can give wrong answers or perpetuate misconceptions. From all the information I have read about on this she is just as fallible as the human beings who programmed her, coded her and taught her.

Anyway that's my disconnected from community thoughts on it. Hope she stays.

I’m not sure if it’s been mentioned yet, but TudyBOT does not seem to have that much data on chicken genetics and has spread some misinformation when asked genetics-related questions (probably because genetics misinformation is so prevalent on the internet). Is there a way to program it to either not respond or say “I don’t know the answer to that question” if it doesn’t have enough data on it? I’ve also seen a few responses of “it’s impossible to know” when the question isn’t actually impossible to answer, but is rather just not in TudyBOT’s database yet.

For example, has anyone heard of a Mouen duck? Someone just asked Tudy about duck breeding and she responded with that. Tried to research it and there's nothing
She's typoed before, she probably meant Rouen.

Those who fear a disconnect in community and use a fourm for community instead of their local one is already disconnected.
Where I live its 50km to the nearest town, and the only locals are city siders who aren't ever here most of the time.
So a forum is a lovely way to be able to chat to other people more often than I can in real life.

Where I live its 50km to the nearest town, and the only locals are city siders who aren't ever here most of the time.
So a forum is a lovely way to be able to chat to other people more often than I can in real life.
That may be but it's still a disconnect from actual community. Because we have this fourm we don't reach out to those in the community closest to us and that damages that community. *shrug* Its just a week argument for not having the AI.

That may be but it's still a disconnect from actual community. Because we have this fourm we don't reach out to those in the community closest to us and that damages that community. *shrug* Its just a week argument for not having the AI.
I definitely see your point.
But what if there isn't a real community there to start with? Since I joined BYC, I have chatted more than ever before in my life.
And I do feel happier when I can talk to people, even if it is online, rather than no one.
That can get lonely!

I for one hope she stays. Those who fear a disconnect in community and use a fourm for community instead of their local one is already disconnected.
Not everyone lives where such a community is possible, there's only 5 other people, to my knowledge, that have chickens in my area.
if I were to hang flyers inviting my 'local chicken community', I can almost guarantee nobody would should up. Maybe your community is full of knowledgeable poultry keepers, but mine isn't, even the 4H poultry leader couldn't hold a candle to the least learned here.

Back
Top Bottom