TULSA area Cluckers

Hello everyone:)
I live in Claremore just off hwy 20 in Rogers County. I was making plans to convert a shed and start a small Hen family on the back acre (2 total) until I say a post that Rogers Co and possibly Claremore would not allow it??
Any advice or clarification would be greatly appreciated...

Thank You!!

I *believe* (but check with city hall to be sure) that Claremore city limits allow hens. If you are outside city limits, county rules say NO poultry on a residential lot. Has to be agricultural. I know- I ran into it and moved because of it (I was near Catoosa). Are there people who keep chickens with no problem? Sure. It all depends on your neighbors. One complaint and your poultry has to go. Sucks.

I received a visit from Tulsa Animal Control this week. They want me to pen up my chickens. Am I dealing with an over zealous agent or what? Would love to hear comments about this. My thinking is that my chickens do not make as much noise as a dog. By letting them free range their litter is like fertilizer being spread out on my yard. I suspect it breaks down faster this way. I also think I will actually have fewer bugs in my yard. Your thoughts?

What ever happened with this, exactly? Did they just want a "pen" instead of keeping within your yard; or did they try to say flock could only be within an area that was screened in?

Hello, I raise blue black and splash Ameraucanas, Rhode Island White and blue, black and splash Austerlorpes. I will have Easter eggers and Rhode Island White chicks available this fall for $5 each.

Hey, I'm new to BYC. Love my birds! I have 1 americana, 2 black star and 2 guineas and 1 George (rooster). I am looking for a few more laying hens. I love americanas. But, would be open to small hens as long as they are not agressive. I also, need to rehome George. He's alittle big for my girls. I would like a americana or banty roo if possible. Let me know. I'm still figuring out forums, not been on them before.

Do you still have your chicks for sale? I am in Tulsa and need 4 hens for laying eggs. You can call or text me on my cell 405-996-6111. Chris W. Ellison

Back
Top Bottom