TULSA area Cluckers

Neecolaah

In the Brooder
7 Years
Mar 21, 2012
Tulsa, OK
Calling out to other BYC lovers in the Tulsa area!!!
:)

Our numbers are growing! Muah-hahaha... (lol)

There seem to be more and more urban chickens around Tulsa these days!!! In the past 6 months alone, I've seen 5 of my friends invest in chickens of their own!!

We make our coops using as much re-purposed materials as possible and have had enormous success!! Here's my happy helper, sizing up the brooder box we installed on this old dog house.. :)

*************************************************************************************************

I know there are even more urban homesteads around the Tulsa area, and I look forward to seeing pictures of other backyard efforts!! :D

*************************************************************************************************

...try an Easter Egger chicken for naturally colored eggs!!!! :D

Hola Tulsa cluckers! I too would like to see how many other backyard chicken enthusiasts are in and around the Tulsa area.
There has to be plenty of us out there, I mean, who doesnt like super fresh eggs at any moments whim?

So come on Tulsa, start clucking!

A picture to put a smile on anyone's face:

And one of our FBCM, about 10 weeks old now. Not too pleased with how their color is growing in, I think the lady who sold them to us couldn't bear to cull anything so she bred everything.
roll.png

All right here are the battery brooders we are building for our spring chicks, task for this week is to create a feeder/waterer system (our goal is to only need to refill twice a week at most) and figure out heat/lights. Also to cut boards that will slide underneath, they will be lined with newspaper for quick and easy poop cleaning. For now the extra space will be chicken stuff storage although we are reserving them for more future battery brooders if needed! No more stinky wood shavings to change 2x per week, yay!

Also to task for this weekend is to finish and winterize the cowboy coop (it is empty right now the chicks in the garage will be headed out there soon). Although there is no way we will get electric run out to the coops this weekend, too, we will then be that much closer to set.

And this is our blue Isbar pair, 8 weeks old tomorrow. The cockerel is Thunder and the pullet is Rain. I just can't help myself when naming a pair, their names always have to match somehow...
hu.gif
They will go in the cowboy coop when it's done I think.

Our girls arrived this morning! 10 baby girls- 5 barred rocks and 5 buff orpingtons from Cackle Hatchery. I was so worried about how they would do in this cold weather but as soon as I opened the box- 10 darling little heads popped up and start chirping loudly. It looks as if all 10 are in excellent health and are now happy and warm in their brooder. We will be keeping 4 of them and selling the other 6 to another BYC member here in town. We have decided that our 4 girls will be named: Rose, Dorothy, Sophia and Blanche. Otherwise known as the Golden Girls.
lau.gif
Anyway, just thought I would share! Here's a video of them earlier today.

Back
Top Bottom