TULSA area Cluckers

Rinda~

Forgot to post a pic on fB for you to see what was in the conventional Bountiful Basket this week. Pictured is what was in the conventional basket ($15) and the Asian add-on ($9). Reasor's price comparison on all items = $67.63. BB price $24. Savings of $23+ dollars!
Tulsa has added a new site in mid town, at Platt College at 41st and Sheridan. It will be an A week with pick up time at 10:45 a.m. Order today to pick up your basket this Saturday.

Thanks so much, I appreciate it! I assume these two pics are separated, regular and Asian? Most of that asian I wouldn't know what to do with.... I am patting myself on the back that my 7 year old will FINALLY eat green beans, I can't imagine the fight I'd have to get him to eat some of those! I think I will start with just the regular basket at least the first time! That's great there is another pickup location now. My Saturday is packed though so maybe next week.

Rinda

All right here are the battery brooders we are building for our spring chicks, task for this week is to create a feeder/waterer system (our goal is to only need to refill twice a week at most) and figure out heat/lights. Also to cut boards that will slide underneath, they will be lined with newspaper for quick and easy poop cleaning. For now the extra space will be chicken stuff storage although we are reserving them for more future battery brooders if needed! No more stinky wood shavings to change 2x per week, yay!

Also to task for this weekend is to finish and winterize the cowboy coop (it is empty right now the chicks in the garage will be headed out there soon). Although there is no way we will get electric run out to the coops this weekend, too, we will then be that much closer to set.

And this is our blue Isbar pair, 8 weeks old tomorrow. The cockerel is Thunder and the pullet is Rain. I just can't help myself when naming a pair, their names always have to match somehow...
hu.gif
They will go in the cowboy coop when it's done I think.

Oh and we did figure out the feeder system for the Cowboy Coop, the water is halfway figured out. Here's the feeder system. Oh I guess I forgot to take pictures of inside the bucket... guess I will go do that tomorrow! We cut a hole in the bottom of the bucket and nested it over a 2 1/2" PVC pipe attached to the top of the feeder box. That pipe feeds into the 4" pipe inside. What little they spill the usually scratch around in and finish up. Much less waste than the silly round feeder we were using! Right now there isn't anyone "living" in the coop but all the free rangers have found this little food source and I see them hopping in for a snack often. When the bucket gets low I put a brick on top so the wind doesn't tip it but the length of pipe that extends up in keeps it in place really well.

Rinda,
can Lonny come over to my house to play? wish my sweet man was handy although he is perfect in every other way. your brooders are going to be poppin' come spring. congrats!

Lori,
I found BB and ordered this week because of your gorgeous veggie photo. I'm very impressed with the organization.

Reagor,
Have you found replacements? sorry ro hear of you loss. I lost 9 very expensive swedish flower babies to a dog and am still punishing myself for my lack of security.

I'm gonna get some straw bales to night to help insulate the day care pen. And the coop has a broken window so I'm gonna pile up some bales to help shut the wind out.
While i was down and recovering at home I hatched out 9 new swedish flower babies. flower power! 4 were from my own little birds and the others were shipped eggs. of course, i got nowhere to put them but inside till i figure out how to keep them warm outside. they sure are noisy! hee hee

Good day all!
Cathie Sue

Last edited:
LOL Thanks! I have to say at least half of the work is mine, I usually let him handle most of the cutting (cause I'm keeping kids out of the way) and I do most of the building (cause it frustrates him), but we figured out the design together. I think we make a pretty good team.
smile.png

I'm being told in another thread that both of my blue Isbars are actually roosters.... :( Darn. Well I have 3 more growing up that I can't sex yet. I'd better get at least 1 pullet out of the 5!

Rinda

Wow it's cold! No new chicks yet, but hopefully tomorrow. I'm picking up 5 red stars from a guy in nowata. I'm planning to order chicks from a hatchery, but I don't need 25. I only want 10-15. Anyone want to go in on an order from a hatchery with me? I'll pay shipping and bring them to you? PM me if any of you are interested.

Well, got the coop done. Just need to paint it. I'll post pictures as soon as I'm done painting.

Back
Top Bottom