TULSA area Cluckers

Hello! We're newbies in Tulsa. We got our girls about a month ago - Ellie is a Black Australorp and Heidi is is Golden Laced Wyandotte.

Hello! We're newbies in Tulsa. We got our girls about a month ago - Ellie is a Black Australorp and Heidi is is Golden Laced Wyandotte.

welcome,
frow.gif
we have several members from the tulsa area. i am from wagoner, we have members from b.a., coweta, haskell, muskogee, pretty much from everywhere around close and statewide.

there is another HUGE thread called okies in the byc most of us hang out in, you just have to watchout for SOME OF THE GURLS THERE!
lau.gif

most everyone is nice, but some of the gurls are mean! at least they are to me, and i dont deserve it!
gig.gif

anyway, comeover and join us, we are haveing a get together in muskogee the 16th of next month, so there will be plenty of birds to fill your dreams there, and empty your pockets if you dont watch out!
duc.gif

Great to hear!...and welcome to the Tulsa group!!! :)

I found someone in Broken Arrow the other day who turned out to have both the French Black Copper Maran and Blue/Black Ameraucana chicks I've been wanting, to go along with the Easter Egger chicks I just hatched! Next year's flock promises to deliver a gorgeous array of colored eggs!!!

We'd love to see pictures of your home built coop when its finished... Also, if you decide to hatch any on your own in the future, its pretty easy to build an incubator and I'd be happy to show off our setup... :D
I will absolutely pick your brain when we are ready for an incubator! We finally decided to just buy a coop we found on Craigslist. I think it will work well for what we need. Spent Memorial Day and today getting a run built, we are hoping to free range but need a place to keep the chickies safe while we introduce our dogs. I wanted to wait until NEOCS to get chickens but I think chicken fever has a pretty good hold on my husband and I think he is scheming to make some stops tomorrow based on some Craigslist prints I found LOL. Here's what we went with:

Coop is 5x5 with optional divider in the middle, 4 nest boxes on each side and 3 roost bars, pop doors on each end and front and back doors for egg access/cleaning access. I wanted the egg doors nearest the house for convenience. The coop included panels to attach over the open sides in the winter to keep it warmer, it is also designed so we can run electric and keep a light on inside in the winter to hopefully get more consistent egg laying. We made the run 6x12. It is moveable although heavy, I think my husband wants to put wheels on it eventually and maybe the coop too. He is stuck in this idea that it HAS to be moveable. Which just complicates everything!

Oh, and just to tease you:

Welcome all the same! :)

I'm in Tulsa and I have some 3 week old Easter Egger chicks for sale right now.
$5 each or 5 for $20
They'll lay different shades of blue to olive green eggs!

Let me know if you're interested.

Thank you, I have a friend that is wanting to raise his own flock. I will let him know. It is so good to see the BYC booming like it is.

There is a lady in Claremore that sells chicks, we got ours there 2 weeks ago. We bought black copper marans but I think she had several types and guineas too. Do a search for chicks on Craigslist, that's how we found her.

Oh yay! A Tulsa page! I'm a mile outside of Tulsa in Bixby. I have five chickens, just started all this the middle of May. I have a pic of our coop that my husband made but in the picture there isn't a roof on it yet, there is now.

Hi All! Does Tulsa County count? I'm still pretty new. Got 12 chicks in Feb from hatchery. Got a pretty Roo from janbcoo! here in OK. and Just scored 3 pretty hens from Tausha at Terripin farms from the NEOCS this weekend. They are Swedish Flower Chickens and I have wanted these fro several months. So glad to have found this new thread!
Cathie Sue

Back
Top Bottom