Turkey color

Wolfieskyes

Chirping
May 13, 2020
So I breed Narragansett turkeys have a breeding trio then had 1 Narragansett tom with a female but last year I bought some turkeys from my local feed store at the time I got 5 blue slate, 5 burbon ,and 5 chocolate, and 5 road brested whites well out of the 20 only the bbw and 1 chocolate tom and 1 burbon hen made it I had a friend looking for a Tom so i sold her the chocolate one keeping the burbon hen to go with my Narragansett pair to make it a trio well I had some eggs in the incubator today one hatched and it's color is throwing me off I don't know if I happened to get a few eggs fertilized from the chocolate Tom before I sold him but this baby is a dark grayish with a white splash on the beak I'll get some pics when it drys a bit more any idea what the color could be ? I got some pics (the little one is dry just feathering is pasted to him gonna take a warm wet rag to re dampen him then blow dry )

Attachments

• 20230414_090626.jpg
    20230414_090626.jpg
    313.3 KB · Views: 44
  • 20230414_090615.jpg
    20230414_090615.jpg
    258.4 KB · Views: 10
  • 20230414_090541.jpg
    20230414_090541.jpg
    242.4 KB · Views: 14
So I breed Narragansett turkeys have a breeding trio then had 1 Narragansett tom with a female but last year I bought some turkeys from my local feed store at the time I got 5 blue slate, 5 burbon ,and 5 chocolate, and 5 road brested whites well out of the 20 only the bbw and 1 chocolate tom and 1 burbon hen made it I had a friend looking for a Tom so i sold her the chocolate one keeping the burbon hen to go with my Narragansett pair to make it a trio well I had some eggs in the incubator today one hatched and it's color is throwing me off I don't know if I happened to get a few eggs fertilized from the chocolate Tom before I sold him but this baby is a dark grayish with a white splash on the beak I'll get some pics when it drys a bit more any idea what the color could be ? I got some pics (the little one is dry just feathering is pasted to him gonna take a warm wet rag to re dampen him then blow dry )
The poult is black-based. The only possible sire is the Chocolate male, as he's the only one with a black base color mutation (BB ee).
Based on the color of the poult, it is a female (Bb e-) -> Barred Chocolate.

The poult is black-based. The only possible sire is the Chocolate male, as he's the only one with a black base color mutation (BB ee).
Based on the color of the poult, it is a female (Bb e-) -> Barred Chocolate.

Attachments

• IMG_1499.jpeg
    IMG_1499.jpeg
    606.8 KB · Views: 8
  • IMG_1500.jpeg
    IMG_1500.jpeg
    597.3 KB · Views: 8
Can anyone help with these? Miget white mom royal palm dad 16 hatched all doing great only 3 white the rest are like in the pics. Ty

Can anyone help with these? Miget white mom royal palm dad 16 hatched all doing great only 3 white the rest are like in the pics. Ty
A midget white is a white Holland bred to a royal palm to make a midget white so therefore they should take after I would think the r.p. Tom in this coloring although the midget white has been bred to remove the black pin feathers my birds still sometimes have a few black feathers pop up from time to time here and there.

Back
Top Bottom