Turkey Crouch Meaning?

FalseToast

Chirping
Jul 22, 2023
Southern Ontario
I think I already know what it means, I’d just like confirmation.

IMG_9346.jpeg IMG_9347.jpeg
She thinks I’m a tom, doesn’t she? AKA this is mating behaviour?

If that’s the case, this makes two birds who want me. Neither of which being the same gender. I am both a tom and a hen now.

Yes she thinks you're hot.
You're turkeys have imprinted on you and probably will treat you like a turkey.... this can cause problems
What sort-of problems? They hang out with my rooster and hen(chicken). Only have had them for a few months and not their whole lives. Both happy they like me but also, how do I politely reject her offer? When I said I wanted them to love me, I didn’t mean romantically. 😔

What sort-of problems? They hang out with my rooster and hen(chicken). Only have had them for a few months and not their whole lives. Both happy they like me but also, how do I politely reject her offer? When I said I wanted them to love me, I didn’t mean romantically. 😔
Aggression for pecking order is the biggest problem I have had. I tried everything suggested and ended up sending Jakes to freezer camp
Some people have had hens that wouldn't mate with the tom.

Some people have had hens that wouldn't mate with the tom.
My top guinea hen, “Chief” is at risk of this outcome. She’s been crouching for me :rolleyes: for the past two seasons, and I’m pretty sure all of the keets that hatched in 2023 were from her lesser hens because she refuses to allow the cock to mate her. Evolution at work:gig

Yes, it’s mating behavior. A few of my hens always did that around me. I hand-raised those particular few, they imprinted, and ultimately viewed me as their mate.

The best way to address it is to just walk away from her. That’s what I used to do. Then they’d go about their business.

Back
Top Bottom