Turkey egg pipped yesterday then nothing......

HuDa2022

Chirping
Apr 7, 2023
I have six turkey eggs one picked yesterday morning I figured it needed a good 12 hours to rest I seen it moving again before I went to sleep I just woke up so it's been almost 24 hours and the hole hasn't got bigger, my incubator is losing water out of the bottom and not holding it, I cannot get my humidity above 55 to stay, I just put in more water to see if I can get the humidity up and was going to open the hole a little more cuz I was afraid he died, I took some little scissors and opened a tiny bit more and I seen more movement, the shell is really hard, should I help him get out the rest of the way, surely his absorbed all of the yolk by now?

I have six turkey eggs one picked yesterday morning I figured it needed a good 12 hours to rest I seen it moving again before I went to sleep I just woke up so it's been almost 24 hours and the hole hasn't got bigger, my incubator is losing water out of the bottom and not holding it, I cannot get my humidity above 55 to stay, I just put in more water to see if I can get the humidity up and was going to open the hole a little more cuz I was afraid he died, I took some little scissors and opened a tiny bit more and I seen more movement, the shell is really hard, should I help him get out the rest of the way, surely his absorbed all of the yolk by now?
*pipped

Do you have a calibrated hygrometer in the incubator to confirm what the humidity is?

It is not uncommon for a pip to happen and 24 hours to pass before zipping starts.

Do you have a calibrated hygrometer in the incubator to confirm what the humidity is?

It is not uncommon for a pip to happen and 24 hours to pass before zipping starts.
That's what I thought, yes the humidity is 51% now, I added water yesterday and it all drained out when I woke up it was 45, I heard movement this morning so I decided to try to help him a little bit I made the whole bigger, because I noticed the membrane had kind of shrunk around him, I cut the membrane a little bit as well and I noticed a little blood so I have stopped, he is moving in there and wet, should I help him the rest of the way out, I know a little blood is normal, I don't want to kill the little guy

Attachments

• 168181721515275228446584464679.jpg
    168181721515275228446584464679.jpg
    205.6 KB · Views: 4
That's what I thought, yes the humidity is 51% now, I added water yesterday and it all drained out when I woke up it was 45, I heard movement this morning so I decided to try to help him a little bit I made the whole bigger, because I noticed the membrane had kind of shrunk around him, I cut the membrane a little bit as well and I noticed a little blood so I have stopped, he is moving in there and wet, should I help him the rest of the way out, I know a little blood is normal, I don't want to kill the little guy
It is not calibrated, it's just the hydrogener and thermometer that came with the incubator

I thought u said It was uncommon to go that long so I helped open it up a little because it's been so long and his membrane had shrunk, should I finish helping him.....

If you are getting blood, you are helping too soon. You increased the chances of shrink wrapping by opening the pip too soon. You don't want to increase the size of the hole when assisting, you want to do like they do ween zipping.

If you have coconut oil, you can apply a little to the dried membranes.

Back
Top Bottom