Turkey hen stressed and picking feet

rosem123

Hatching
6 Years
Apr 3, 2013
Hi all,
I need your advice. I have Spanish Black hen who is stressed out and picking at her feet and feathers. She hatched 1 set of 10 babies and then had another set 8 eggs that did not hatch out. She sat on the nest a long time over 28days and never hatched out one baby, I picked up the 8 eggs 2 weeks ago and ever since she has been stressed out, picking at herself (mostly feet). I wrapped one of her feet and then she started picking at the other, when I went to change her bandage last night, we noticed she was picking at her under feathers. I don't know what to do...she has plenty of room in her coop and run, she is housed with only 1 other Turkey a Tom. And he is not mating with her at all. So I don't think it is a space or over mating if the issue. I do have 2 blue slate babies about 4 weeks old who are too young to put in the coop with the other young birds, so they chirp alot and I wonder if that could be bothering her. I was thinking about putting the babies in with her to see if she wants to mother them. Anyone have a suggestion(s)?

Back
Top Bottom