• No

Votes: 2 33.3%

• Total voters

Book Em Danno25

Crowing
5 Years
Aug 12, 2014
Ok...
Hey there all you turkey lovers... i know you're out there!!! Come post pics of your beauty's and lets talk turkey!!!!

Hope everyone that sees this who is a die-heart turkey lover like i am will post to this thread...
hmm.png

Ok... here are the rules... Wait, there aren't any!!! Anyway, lets start talking turkey!!!

Have fun everyone!!!!

Turkenstein25

I have just started raising Turkeys at the moment I am raising a black winged bronze. He is my buddy he is only 5 weeks old. I keep him in my house in pin. Usually if he start kee keeing I would go get him and put him in my chair with me and he climbs up to my neck and goes to sleep. I am not sure I will be able to do that when he gets older lol. I lost 2 Royal palm and a calico to Black head disease The calico was the last straw.. I have 21 chickens and every one is getting wormed. When it comes time I have to put him out side he will be in a pen by himself and off the ground until I get this thing tooked care of

I have just started raising Turkeys at the moment I am raising a black winged bronze. He is my buddy he is only 5 weeks old. I keep him in my house in pin. Usually if he start kee keeing I would go get him and put him in my chair with me and he climbs up to my neck and goes to sleep. I am not sure I will be able to do that when he gets older lol. I lost 2 Royal palm and a calico to Black head disease The calico was the last straw.. I have 21 chickens and every one is getting wormed. When it comes time I have to put him out side he will be in a pen by himself and off the ground until I get this thing tooked care of

I love turkeys!!! I would like to try raising them again this spring.

I had 2 butt both died as chicks :(

Since you have lost two birds you may want to worm any chickens you have to protect your next flock and keep them away from your chicken they are carriers of the black head disease. I found out the hard way and wasn't until the last bird died that it was the black head. That one tore me up I loved that little girl I tried everything I could to save her I watched her as she took her last breath.

Last edited:
Since you have lost two birds you may want to worm any chickens you have to protect your next flock and keep them away from your chicken they are carriers of the black head disease. I found out the hard way and wasn't until the last bird died that it was the black head. That one tore me up I loved that little girl I tried everything I could to save her I watched her as she took her last breath.

The chicks died from a dog.

Yea I have a spare bed room I use as my incubator room and brooder at the moment I have one turkey and three silkies in separate totes with brooder lights on them. I found out clear totes makes great brooders. This Spring I will continue building my flock. I love incubating turkey eggs it is a challenge trying to try hatching out turkey eggs but when you do it is rewarding

Yea I have a spare bed room I use as my incubator room and brooder at the moment I have one turkey and three silkies in separate totes with brooder lights on them. I found out clear totes makes great brooders. This Spring I will continue building my flock. I love incubating turkey eggs it is a challenge trying to try hatching out turkey eggs but when you do it is rewarding.
yeah lol.

I had a turkey who thought he was a parrot!

Me too I will go in the room and take him out and bring him in the living room and sit in my chair with him he climbs up to my shoulder and snuggles up to my neck and goes to sleep

Back
Top Bottom