Turkey Plucker Size

crk3rd

Hatching
Jun 15, 2016
Hello all, I've been looking at building a plucker and was curious what everyone thought about minimum drum size for a turkey plucker. I would like to be able to do both chickens and turkeys, seems most commercially made chicken pluckers have a drum diameter around 22 inches. The Featherman Pro XL has a diameter of 32 inches. It seems relatively easy to find something to use for a drum around 22 inches, but trying to find something in the 32 inch area has been a bit harder. Just curious what everyone thought would be the smallest diameter drum for turkeys. Any thoughts appreciated, thanks in advance.

Hello all, I've been looking at building a plucker and was curious what everyone thought about minimum drum size for a turkey plucker. I would like to be able to do both chickens and turkeys, seems most commercially made chicken pluckers have a drum diameter around 22 inches. The Featherman Pro XL has a diameter of 32 inches. It seems relatively easy to find something to use for a drum around 22 inches, but trying to find something in the 32 inch area has been a bit harder. Just curious what everyone thought would be the smallest diameter drum for turkeys. Any thoughts appreciated, thanks in advance.

You can probably find all your answers in the Meat Bird ETC forum they deal with anything related to meat birds including home made pluckers.

https://www.backyardchickens.com/f/21/meat-birds-etc

Back
Top Bottom